Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 1: Post a recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

I apologize in advance for the quality of the pics. We actually have a really nice camera, but my brother is borrowing it for school for the next few weeks. iPhone self portraits it is!
This is the first belly shot I’ve taken for Kid B – 16 weeks today (per the doctor). I thought I would take MORE pics this time around, but I find myself thinking that it’s too much effort to get the lighting right, and that it’s not really going to look any different than the pics I took with Adriana. I guess the whole “less pics of the youngest child” thing starts early around here.



















And here’s a pic of me, Adriana, and the shower curtain. I took the “recent” thing seriously, this was also taken this morning.



And now for the 15 “interesting” facts:

1) I have over one hundred bottles of nail polish
2) Oreos dipped in Reese’s peanut butter is my favorite snack EVER
3) I have rosacea, which is the only reason I wear any sort of makeup other than lip gloss or occasional eyeliner/mascara (I would LOVE to go makeup free but I’m SUPER RED)
4) I’m related to half of the band Devo
5) Music (listening to, not playing) used to be a huge part of my life, but I just don’t seem to make time for it anymore
6) I can twist my arm all the way around in a circle. It’s hard to explain, but it freaks people out when I bust it out as a party trick
7) Back in the bar-hopping days, I was quite the pool player
8) Justin and I refuse to give Time Warner Cable another penny, so we rely entirely on Netflix for entertainment purposes
9) I’m a med school dropout – the reasons were many but basically boiled down to a) wanting a family sooner rather than later, b) I HATED studying 24/7 and the feeling of having stuff hanging over my head all of the time, c) money, and d) coming to the realization that I’m pretty adaptable and could be happy enough doing any number of things
10) I work for the same company my dad did, in case you were wondering how you go directly from med school to a business-y type job
11) When I first met my husband, he was working as the security guard at my place of business (oh so cleverly referred to as “The Office” from here on out, lest The Man find my blog)
12) This pissed my dad off immensely, but he got over it
13) I’m an ENTP
14) I’m left handed, and will be kinda disappointed if this isn’t passed on to Adriana or Kid B
15) When I was pregnant with Adriana, I REALLY wanted a boy, since I knew we were having 2 kids and was okay with Boy / Boy or Boy / Girl but definitely not Girl / Girl; now I am really hoping Kid B is a girl (my how things change)

Hopefully these post okay, I am not having much luck with blogger this morning...

I'd love to hear some "interesting" facts about you ~ give me some comment love if you are so inclined!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I was quite the pool player back in my "fun" days too! It was so awesome to show up the boys in the pool hall!

Thanks for reading my blog, and I look forward to reading yours too! You are doing awesome so far! :)

The Diniwilks said...

Thanks, Lacey! I found you when I was googling the 30 days of blogging thing - your version is much more fun. I was going to e-mail you then and tell you I stole some questions, but that was about when the barfing commenced. I hope you have been feeling better than I have!