Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hiya!

Let’s start out with a dorky little secret - I have been composing blog posts in my head since 2007. I read about 9 million blogs – Swistle, Sundry, Jonniker, Lawyerish, and Not that you asked, to name a few favorites. I always intended to start one of my own, but never seemed to have the time. I also have the bad habit of writing a few posts and then deleting them after I decide that I hate everything I write. I have decided that 2011 is officially the year that I will actually let these posts live on the internets instead of in my head. It’s a good year to start because a) I am no longer in graduate school, b) I no longer have a newborn (my beautiful daughter, Adriana, is now 15 1/2 months), and c) I have a BRAND NEW pregnancy to obsess about (I’ll be 12 weeks on Friday, or 14 weeks on Monday, depending on who you ask). I really, truly hope that I keep up with blogging this time around because I think it would be a lot of fun to look back on our lives later on.

My blogging goals for this year are to:
1) Post at least twice a week
2) Learn how to do html tricks so as to not look like a total clueless dork
3) Have my artistically talented little brother make me a pretty masthead
4) Learn how to use my fancy camera instead of always shooting in manual mode

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Swistle said...

Yay! Blogging is totally worth it. It takes awhile to build up enough posts to feel like each additional post doesn't affect things much, but it's WORTH IT.