Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I’m back!

Did you miss me, my three fabulous readers? I have had an especially sucktastic week in the land of pregnancy, which has made all “extracurriculars” like blogging, cooking dinner, doing laundry or any other act that could be construed as housework come to a screeching halt. So much for my twice a week blogging goal.

I lie on the couch, barf, eat, and sleep. I force myself to show up at work and complete the minimum required work. I try really hard to devote any energy to playing with Adriana, but she is beginning to shift from being all about mama to a daddy’s girl. I love seeing them together, but, let’s be honest, what parent doesn’t secretly love being the favorite? Sigh.

Like my mom and my grandma, I am one of those rare people who gets sick all nine months of pregnancy. This pregnancy has been pretty different from the last one, so I thought I would escape the bouts of hyperemesis and the resulting blah feeling afterwards. With Adriana, I was getting sick (at least) 3 times a day from the week I found out I was pregnant, and it didn’t slow down to just “morning sickness” until about week 24. This time, it took until week 14 before I was regularly getting sick at night, and I haven’t had reflux, which has been pretty nice. Still, it’s not exactly a walk in the park. And I am absolutely exhausted. I miss being able to just be pregnant and not have to worry about taking care of a kid at the same time. I worry so much about Adriana…I know that it’s not logical to think that she will remember that mama slept all of the time and only fed her Gerber dinners for 9 months, but it still breaks my heart. And, uhhh…do you think the Gerber thing is really, really bad? Or just kinda bad?

I’m hoping that this week is the result of a particularly bad business trip to New Jersey last week. Both nights I was up until after 1 am, which well beyond my normal 8pm pregnant bedtime (or my non-pregnant whopping 9:30 pm bedtime). Maybe as I’m catching up on sleep I’ll start to feel better again? In the meantime, I will be enjoying my morning phenergan/rolaid/prenatal cocktail and keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep it down long enough for it to work. YUM.

1 comment:

Navigating the Mothership said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you are feeling so badly. I can relate, although my "morning" (pfffft!) sickness doesn't last forever and ever.

And, dietitian Laura is here to tell you that Gerber meals are not bad at all. Bella's diet took a little nose-dive while I was suffering, I struggled badly even heating up her veggies so thigns were not up to my usual level during that time. Do what you gotta do!