Thursday, February 17, 2011

Updates

I can’t comment on certain blogs from work, my own included (NOT THAT I WOULD EVER DO THAT), so I am going to do some updates to past posts.

First – YAY, thanks for the comments! You guys are the best!

Regarding daycare…THANKFULLY, Adriana is doing the “pat, pat, pat” thing a little less. Catriona hit the nail on the head – the bigger problem is what they are feeding her and (not) giving her to drink.

When I first signed up for the daycare, one of the first things I noticed was that the menu was much less healthy than I would have expected. Not terrible, but there was a lot of stuff like chicken nuggets, fish sticks, pizza…stuff that I really don’t give her regularly at 16 months old. When I asked what a typical snack might be, they said “oh, maybe some cereal, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch”. I just honestly expected it to be more like what we give her to snack on – fresh fruit and veggies, cheese, crackers, yogurt, nutrigrain bars. I am not the healthiest person in the world, and I already admitted that I have been feeding the kiddo lots of Gerber dinners instead of home cooked meals with all natural ingredients. I’m just saying it’s not what I expected. I wrote in her forms that I’d prefer for her to not ever have syrup added to her pancakes and waffles, and that I’d want regular cheerios substituted for sugary cereals. I thought we were on the same page, until I dropped her off one morning and the teacher tore open one of those gas station snack packs of POWDERED DONUTS. I made them take it back and give her cheerios. Not two days later, they gave her a pop tart. Sigh.

The thing that REALLY PISSES ME OFF is the lack of fluids. You guys, she comes home SO THIRSTY. Yesterday she downed a 12 oz sippy of juice/water as soon as she got into the car. Without stopping. She NEVER does this at home. I have talked to both of her teachers about this, and I always get responses like “oh, she had 2 cups of water with her snack, I just didn’t write it down.” LIARS. I really, truly should talk to the manager about it, but I keep feeling like if I’m THAT MOM they aren’t going to be as nice to Adriana. Which is stupid, I know. I absolutely would have had this talk if she was going to be there longer than one more week. My parents can’t come back soon enough.

Moving on, before I stab someone.

Regarding the due date…I have decided that I will “wait and see”. I will casually mention that I still don’t think the date is right whenever the kid measures small or whatever, and then I will do whatever I have to do if and when it gets to the point that they want to induce me and I don’t think Kid B’s done cookin. No sense getting worked up about it now.

Regarding all-day sickness / lack of stuff getting done around the house…I am feeling a bit better, and I have the best husband ever. He really is picking up the slack on stuff like groceries and dishes, which helps immensely.

Regarding my lickopotamus, she licked the wall twice and we immediately redirected her. Not as bad as I feared, but still.

That’s all for now – if I left you hanging on anything or have random questions for me, let me know!

No comments: