Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's a...

So, we had the big ultrasound today. First and foremost, Kid B is healthy. Normal size, fluid levels, development, palate, whatever else they check for at these things. I believe they said Kid B was about 230 g (a little over half a pound) and was measuring at 18 weeks 3 days (in between my date and the doctor’s date, so no clear winner in the due date debate yet). Kid B is currently head down, but that’s not likely to be a permanent position until week 36 or so.

I am going to post all of the ultrasound pics, since I am the worst mom ever and still haven’t put Adriana’s into a baby book. Plus, Kid B is exceptionally photogenic.


See what I mean? What a beautiful skull. And look how round the one eyeball is. My kid is NOT AT ALL creepy, nosiree.
This one shows off Kid B’s astounding flexibility. I wish I could lick my kneecaps with such ease. Kid B remained in this scrunched up position throughout the entire scan. Perhaps it’s time to officially stop sleeping on my stomach so the kid can stretch out?

Hands. Or at least the shot on the left is a hand. Not really sure what’s going on on the right side. It looks to me like a person with a cute butt leaning back onto a catcher’s mitt.

Feet. We have a teeny tiny replica of this one from the first ultrasound.
Now lets show some nice, normal, non-freaky pics that people can OOH and AAH over without being total liars.

Profile #1

Profile #2

And NOW…for the moment you’ve all been waiting for…

Three lines = it’s a girl! I think the winding thing is the umbilical cord.

We are super psyched for so many reasons that we are having another girl. I have an older and a younger brother, so I think it will be so much fun to raise sisters. Not to mention that with a 22 month age difference, we will get to save a ton of money on clothes, bedding, etc. We tried really hard to go gender neutral on all of the big stuff, but everyone ELSE insists on buying Adriana the pink version of every toy she has, and now we don't have to worry about that either. Plus I think eventually they will share a room so we can have a playroom (and get all of the toys out of the living room). YAY. I could go on and on about all of the reasons I'm excited, I really could. GIRLS!!!!!

2 comments:

lawyerish said...

So EXCITING!! Another girl!! Hooray!

Swistle said...

SISTERS!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!