Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bed Makeover

I have been on a fun little "house cleaning / home improvement" kick lately. I have no idea which one of you mentioned My Happy House on your blog, but THANK YOU! I have loved reading through the archives and getting motivated to really clear out the clutter and start doing a better job on the housekeeping front.

To be perfectly honest, my house has still not recovered from my first 20 weeks of pregnancy, in which I was a worthless lump of tired with a side of barf. Molly's 10 week challenge has really been keeping me on my toes! I have been kind of a failboat on the dishes and clutter front, but quite a champ at making the bed. And – GET THIS – after 9 days in a row of making the bed, I came in from the shower to find that JUSTIN had stepped in and made it for me. If I had been wearing pants, I would have soiled them.

This newfound love of making the bed made me a) finally purchase some new sheets (#41 on my 101 in 1001 list), and b) finally bust out the new duvet I bought at Ikea in September.

First, a shot of my bed, pre-makeover. Bedding courtesy of Target (a wedding registry item, so it’s not like it’s that old, I just wanted to mix it up).


Next, the new sheets. Something like 6 or 7 years ago I was an overnight guest at my ex’s friend’s house. Her sheets were the softest, most amazing sheets I have ever slept on. I raved about them the next morning, noted the brand, and have thought about them ever since. Within days of posting my 101 in 1001 list, Bed Bath and Beyond had the silk version on clearance. I figured that if the jersey version was that fabulous, the silk must be heavenly. I loooooooooove them, but would still love to get a set of the jersey some day. They were that amazing. I might have to get them soon, because I just noticed that the silk aren’t available anymore, and the sateen are now on clearance. Hmmmmmmmm….



Here is a shot of the bed with my handy dandy new Ikea duvet and pillows. Justin HATES extra pillows, but I really like the way the black look. I also want to get some smaller square bronze or brown or golden ones too. Deal with it, hubs.


Here is a close-up.



I was complaining about how either the cat, the kid, or both kept popping into the shot, so Justin felt the need to treat us with this. Buttface.



Next up: wall art for above the bed. Suggestions?

2 comments:

lifeofadoctorswife said...

LOVE the new duvet! So pretty! While I agree with your husband about extra pillows (PITA), I also agree with you that they look nice. (We have decorative pillows too, and I love them.)

I'm coming back to see what you do with the space above the bed. We've been in this apartment two years and have yet to put anything above our bed. It's very sad and empty.

Mrs.CFH2 said...

It looks great! Glad to hear the challenge is helping too!