Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Diniwilk Stew

· 37 week pregnancy update: Over the weekend, I had tons and tons of Braxton Hicks and 8 hours of false labor (decent sized contractions 7 min apart, but they didn’t get stronger or closer together). This is making me CRAZY NESTY – I have been checking tons of stuff off my second baby checklist. The co-sleeper’s assembled, bedding and clothes are washed, car seat is ready, and hospital bag is packed. I had a henna artist come out and do my belly again, and have a maternity photo shoot set up for the weekend. Now it’s just the waiting game.

· Adriana is cracking me up, as usual. When I asked her if she wanted to go to the store and buy her baby sister a present, she said “No, I buy Adriana present.” After I talked her into it, I asked what she thought would be a good present, and she perked up and said “A bike!!!” with so much enthusiasm that it was hard to tell her to pick something else. Then she thought a minute, and said “A blanket, baby go na-na”, which is what we ended up getting (and a small musical toy for the car seat, which was Adriana’s favorite thing when she was tiny).

· Speaking of going na-na, Adriana is still taking two naps a day at 21 months (at least when she’s home with us). Is this super weird? She has napped on demand since she was born and sets her own schedule. She goes to bed around 7:30 and night, and wakes up around 6:30 in the morning. She wants her first nap to start somewhere between 9 and 10, and her second to start between 2 and 3. The length varies. She’s perfectly capable of skipping the morning one, but she prefers not to – when it’s time, she says “I go na-na. I want blanket and binky” and then dictates which parent she wants to take her upstairs. I am wondering if I should try to get her on a 1 pm nap schedule once a day like a normal kid, or just let her do her thing.

· I just saw swatches of OPI’s fall collection, and I love pretty much all of them except the three (!) corals. Seems like most of the die hard nail polish fans think it’s all been done before, but I can’t get enough of the murky greens, grays, browns, and purples.

· On a serious note…a good friend of mine just delivered twins at 34 weeks, and one of them is having surgery today. Please send happy thoughts (or prayers, which isn’t my thing, but it’s not about me) her way. I am putting together a NICU care package, and would love any suggestions you might have. So far, I have lip balm, hair ties, unscented hand sanitizer and hand cream, lots of snacks, some magazines, and I’m baking lactation cookies to help keep her supply up. What am I missing???

1 comment:

matchtank said...

I would definitely sleep 13 hours a day if I could - I say let her enjoy it before she enters the world of alarm clocks.