Thursday, July 21, 2011

Henna Belly - 36.5 weeks

I mentioned yesterday that I had a local henna artist come to my house to decorate my (blindingly white) pregnant belly. I also had this done when I was 35 weeks pregnant with Adriana. I had played around with henna before, but I don't think it would have occurred to me that it was safe for a pregnant belly until I saw Sundry's pics way back in the day (I linked to the Dylan belly, but I'm pretty sure I had been wanting to do this since she had it done with Riley*). I am so glad I had this done for both girls - I absolutely love staring at my decorated belly and watching the henna lines ripple when the kid goes all alien baby and tries to climb out. The doctors get a kick out of it too.

These pics are with the paste on, I will post some more after this weekend when I have my maternity photo shoot.








* Am I making this up??? I can't find a link anywhere.

5 comments:

Lacey said...

How freaking cool! I love it and you look so beautiful! I've never seen that done before! Can't wait to see your maternity pics too! I had some done too that I need to share, but I didn't have any cool henna tattoos in mine! :P

Swistle said...

OH I LOVE IT SO MUCH. SO MUCH!!

Navigating the Mothership said...

This is great! Was it itchy as it dried? I got my hands henna'd in india and it was wildly itchy.

Heather said...

What a neat idea! Btw, your belly looks so tiny - you look great!

d e v a n said...

Wow - gorgeous!