Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baby!!!

Kid B is here, and her name is Lucy!

Lucia (pronounced loo-see-uh, NOT the Italian way!) Isabella finally joined us at 3:19 pm on August 14. She weighed in at 7 pounds, 13 ozs and measured 19.5 inches long. She has a head full of dark brown hair and blue eyes - for now :)

The birth was pretty easy (as far as births go) - 3 pushes and out, no epidural! I got stuck for several hours at 5-6 cm, so I did end up getting a low dose of pitocin after all. No regrets this time though, I feel like I did everything I could to avoid it. I will write a full birth story soon with all of the other details. Enjoy these random pics while I go snuggle my baby!









P.S. Congrats to Lacey for not only coming closest to guessing when Lucy would arrive, but also correctly predicting that she would win a shiny new Target gift card!

10 comments:

Swistle said...

Congratulations!! What happy news!

Lacey said...

Aww! I love the pictures...especially the one of all 4 of you on the bed and big sis checking out her new lil sis. So precious!

Congrats again! Seeing pictures of your adorable baby makes me want mine here NOW! I wanna snuggle a tiny baby too! :P

And wahoo on the gift card! I'll buy something for baby Charley from her e-auntie Laura! :P

lawyerish said...

OMG! I was not expecting to see this thrilling news pop up in my reader! Hooray! Congratulations to all of you, and welcome Lucy! Look at those CHEEKS!!

Courtney said...

Congrats!!! Lucy is adorable and those cheeks are so kissable! :) Enjoy your new bundle of joy.

d e v a n said...

Eee!!! Look at those cheeks! Adorable and I adore the name!

Wiz said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful!

Navigating the Mothership said...

I was wondering when we would hear from you. Congrats!!

Mama Bub said...

So many congratulations to you and your precious cheeked baby!

lifeofadoctorswife said...

AHHHHH!!! Congratulations!!! What a beautiful little girl - THOSE CHEEKS!! Adorable.

Heather said...

Congratulations! I must have missed this post in my Reader and I finally clicked over to check on you. Lucia is a doll - glad to see mom and baby are happy and healthy. Hope all is going well!