So, I mentioned earlier that I didn't know what I would do at my appointment if I was given the option to be induced on Wednesday. I said no, and Justin is ANNOYED. My parents and doctor were both baffled, as are a number of my coworkers.
Is this THAT ODD of a choice, given that a) I'm relatively comfortable, for being in my third trimester, b) my blood pressure is kick-ass and I'm not swollen at all, c) I still think my due date is wrong, d) I am dilating just fine on my own (3cm), and e) there is NO MEDICAL REASON to induce, it would strictly be for my doctor's (and husband's) convenience?
Not to mention that there are some risks (minimal, but risks nonetheless) associated with inducing labor. On the flip side, there are risks to letting the kid cook for too long (swallowing meconium, yum!)(and having to squeeze a giant baby out of my hoo-ha) but those concerns are more for babies who are a couple of weeks overdue. I feel like I have established that this due date is the ABSOLUTE EARLIEST date that is in the realm of possibility, so it seems a little premature to talk about inducing when I'm just 2 days over.
I am kind of irritated that I'm being made to feel like I need to justify my decision. It's my body, is it not? This kid will come out when she's good and ready, I promise!