Monday, August 1, 2011

Parenting Confession #1: My Kid Eats on the Floor

While 32 is the first year in which I can honestly say I feel like I have my life together, I still do enough un-adult-like things that I felt the need to write "#1" after Parenting Confession. Nothing specific planned, I just suspect that today won't be the first day in which I admit to being a lazy unique parent.

A while back, I bought this awesome splat mat because I was sick of my dining room floors getting gross underneath Adriana's seat. One day I was feeling really tired/sick/pregnant, and I just wanted to lay on the couch. I tossed the splat mat on the living room floor, popped a gerber meal on it, and a new bad habit was formed. Adriana eats at least one meal a week squatting like a tiny hobbit. I'd like to think that this is a pregnancy-related solution, but I'm not sure that there will be MORE meals at the table once I throw a newborn in the mix.





3 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been looking for something to put under my daughter's booster seat! We have carpet under the table:( I might have to buy one of those. Sadly, eating on the floor wouldn't work for us, because she'd likely end up spreading her food all around the house if she wasn't buckled into her seat.

lifeofadoctorswife said...

Parenting quirk? I think it's GENIUS. Easy clean up FTW!

Wiz said...

My son eats on the floor all the time :) He loves it! thanks for the comment! Sounds like we are in the same boat. I am following you now as well!