Thursday, October 20, 2011

Accent Vlog



video

I decided to jump on the accent vlog bandwagon, since Adriana is at daycare today and I wanted to try out the camera on my Macbook. Sorry about the sniffling (me) and the crying (Lucia) - I was determined to only do one take since I wanted to "keep it real" and not edit myself. Enjoy!
Here are the rules (as if you don't already know):
Say the following words:
Aunt, route, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught

And answer these questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?
*Update: I tried twice to get the video to upload without syncing problems (or the end being cut off) to no avail, sorry!
**Update: I also tried to upload it to flickr, only to realize hours later that only half uploaded. The internet hates me today.

2 comments:

Reading (and chickens) said...

Noo. Roly polies! They're roly polies! And my dog looked around desperately for the baby when Lucy started crying.

Lacey said...

Haha I love it! I wanna do this too! Most of my word accents are the same though, and a couple of questions I would answer differently, but not too bad coming from a southerner vs. a Ohioan! I was afraid Charley was gonna hear Lucia crying and start crying herself at the end there! :)