Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Two for the Price of One

Continuing my trend of updating you on things I originally posted about months ago, we did end up joining the Catholic church down the street and baptizing the girls. It seemed like the thing to do since we are planning on sending them to school there from preschool through eighth grade. I still have absolutely no idea what I am going to do when the girls are older and start asking me about what I personally believe (or don't believe, as the case may be), but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The Diniwilks on baptism day:

Adriana and her godparents (my older brother Nick and high school friend Jackie):

Lucia and her godparents (my younger brother John and his wife Val):

Adriana action shot:

Lucia action shot:

I actually also went to high school with the priest who did the ceremony, which was a nice touch. However, I now feel extra obligated to bring the girls to mass once in a while and to follow up on his suggestion to have our marriage recognized by the church (which involves more classes and meetings and ugh). Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Our church does infant dedications and we just had Paul dedicated this Sunday! They only do the dedication twice a year so there were 19 kids to dedicate. Longest service ever.