Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dreams

After a busy day of the Children's Museum and Outback Steakhouse with my dad and brothers, I closed my eyes for ONE SECOND and next thing I know, Lucia was crying and it was 11:10. She clearly wanted to warn me to get my ass up and write today's NaBloPoMo post. I am so sleepy, I'm sure whatever comes out right now is not exactly what they had in mind when they created this exercise. Oops.

I was in the midst of this really disturbing dream. The Office must have been going through another reorg or something, because for whatever reason, I didn't have a job. We were at some sort of offsite, team building type activity at a baseball field. I was forced to go around to all of the different VPs and basically beg for a job. I ended up stopping over at one manager who I LOATHE and asking if he still had any open marketing positions. As I went past the VP of marketing, he was surprised that I was even considering marketing (I wasn't, but I hadn't had any luck with the other VPs). I said something to the effect of "I'll go wherever the love is" (gross), and then he made me write some weird thank you letter for some project I was on, because that was supposed to demonstrate that I was using some sort of grant money (???) effectively, and was a really valuable member of the company.

I think this means that 1) I am feeling insecure about my position when I go back to work in a few weeks, and 2) I really need to finish up my (non work related) thank you letters.

Do you ever try to figure out what your dreams are telling you? These days, I'm usually so tired that I only remember them for a couple of seconds before I go back to sleep or am forced to deal with the kiddos. This one would have suffered the same fate if it weren't for sheer will (I'm not failing at NaBloPoMo, dammit! At least not the first week. This isn't 30 Day Shred!)

6 comments:

Lacey said...

I usually remember my dreams, and here is the crazy thing: I dreamed about my work last night too. I also go back in a few weeks, and my dream last night was that the junior analyst had now been promoted over me (I'm a senior) and had an office. I'm definitely feeling insecure about my job too. Crazy huh?

Laura Diniwilk said...

I think the stupid analyst titles are designed to make us insecure! At least you guys have junior/senior titles - they number us (I'm an Analyst IV).

Shalini said...

"I'll go wherever the love is." HAAA. Love this.

Deb said...

Offsite team building? That's not a dream, that's a nightmare! I'm glad NaBloPoMo saved you from having to finish one more minute of such horrors.

Jessica said...

Hehe, I like the "this isn't 30 day shred!" part.

Wiz said...

Ugh...I need to finish my thank yous too! They are always looming over my head.