Today was just what I needed, in so many ways.
- Adriana was in daycare, after a long week of many, many, many activities
- I went grocery shopping at 8:00 am, and Lucy slept the whole time. Nobody touched her or coughed on her or creepily told me that they "wouldn't steal a baby, but if they did, they'd steal one like her" while taking 15 seconds per item to scan my food.
- I successfully cleaned my house and prepared a meal and baked goods for an afternoon playdate.
- I got to see one of my oldest friends, and her adorable twin boys (born one month before Lucia...my baby is huuuuuge!)(they were preemies, but still...)
- I got to spend some talky time with Adriana. She is in a stage where every single thing that comes out of her mouth delights me to no end, because I'm her mother.
Adriana: Okay, mama. I need a blue hair clip.
Me: You really like blue, huh?
Me: Do you want me to paint your walls blue?
Adriana: No, mama. I want ALL THE COLORS! [She really said that - all the colors. I don't know why I thought it was so funny, but I did]
- Justin agreed to watch the kids solo so I could go to my first book club meeting.
- I got some much needed social interaction and drank way too much wine. It was the perfect mix of talking about the books and which random actors we thought were hot (oddly, the ONLY person of the 20 or so we mentioned that we all agreed on was Joel McHale. WEIRD). Most of my close friends either live out of state or are guys, so it was the kind of mindless fun I NEVER get to have, especially since I started popping out kiddos.
What do you need in your life right now?