Thursday, January 5, 2012

CDP Exchange Update

Hey, remember this? I was going to wait until I opened all of my CDPs to update, but it turns out that I am having a rather good month. My package went to Carmen (@S_cerevisiae), and a package came in the mail from...Lacey! I actually squeed (loudly) when I saw who it was from, because I knew my sister from another mister would send awesome stuff.


And she did! Look at all of the pretty packages! I so loved her ribbon presentation that I stole the idea for some of my Christmas presents. And how cute are her labels? She thoughtfully sent gifts for every occasion - for the girls, a friend, and the cats, as well as for my hands, lips, feet, and stomach (and Justin if I wanted to share)(hahahaha screw that). Plus there is another mystery present that didn't make it in the first package, which is fun because now I get double the package excitement.

I told Lacey that I was sad it wasn't a crappy day, so she called me a meanie head to get me started. Of course, I went right for the stomach. Have you ever had the Archer Farms trail mix from Target? They are SO GOOD. Lacey sent one of my favorites, the Monster mix. There is also one with chocolate covered caramel balls and one with bananas chips and dried cherries that are both equally amazing. Try it, you'll like it! (Yo Gabba Gabba, anyone?)

The next crappy day to come around was when Adriana was on the verge of getting sick. She was whiny and crying and just miserable, so I thought a present would be a good distraction.

What happened next is a good example of what life is like with a toddler, for those of you who haven't experienced the joy yet.

A: Ooh, a blue present!
B: YAY, crayons!!!
C: I don't WANT to open another present!
D: Okay, if I must.
E: YAY, a kitty cat!!! (I just missed a huge smile)
F: I want to open it ALL BY MYSELF! I CAN'T! Mama, help! NO, don't help, I do it MYSELF!!!
G: I did it!
H: An orange one!
I: I don't WANT AN ORANGE ONE!!!

Don't worry, Lacey, all was well the next day. She proceeded to color every. single. cat's eyeballs purple.

The final present I opened the Friday before Christmas, after MIL was pulling her usual holiday bullshit and trying to switch up plans at the last minute (spoiler alert - we STILL haven't exchanged gifts! I'm gonna mail them this year). It was PERFECT timing, as the nail polish was Glitter In My Stocking, and was a beautiful blingy holiday color.

Thanks, Lacey!!! I can't wait to open the rest!

UPDATE: I'm a ding dong! I completely forgot to mention that Rachel is hosting another CDP Exchange RIGHT NOW, so if you want to join in the fun, go here!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks so fun! I think I'm going to participate this next round.

Heather said...

Super fun. What fun, thoughtful gifts.

Doing My Best said...

Wahoo! Another EXCELLENT example of a Crappy Day Package =)! Great job, Lacey!

Lacey said...

I love it!! That collage of Adriana opening her gift is cracking me up! Glad she liked it the next day at least haha.

I am ashamed that I STILL haven't blogged about my CDP. I am extra grateful, just extremely lazy. What a way to NOT make friends! :P

Shalini said...

Oh, that collage of Lucy is PRICELESS.

Shalini said...

Ack, I meant ADRIANA.