I don't feel right getting into my 2012 resolutions/to do list before I've even talked about Christmas, so here we go (better late than never, right?)
First, the photos:
I got the girls bathed and dressed in their matching Christmas jammies. Then Adriana and I put out cookies and milk for Santa and reindeer food for Rudolph. Which happened to be Nilla Wafers, since that was the first thing I saw when I went into the kitchen.
Adriana got a mischievous look before we put the dish outside and popped one in her mouth.
Justin and I wrapped / assembled gifts by the fire while we drank wine and listened to Christmas music.
All Adriana wanted from Santa was "a blue present". He brought her a kitchen and a Mommy and Me set for her dolls (one of those crib/stroller/diaper bag/feeding set deals). The rest of the presents are from Mama and Dada, who may have gone overboard this year. In my defense, lots of it was stuff they needed anyway, like shoes, boots, clothes, bathing suits, sheets, etc. Most of the toys were Melissa and Doug stuff from their one day sale earlier in December. The wooden play food and sticker sets were a huge hit.
I made the girls pose for some pics in front of the tree, because I am a mean mom. My thumb made a special appearance in the only one where Adriana is smiling, because I am a shitty photographer.
Some Adriana quotes (so glad I wrote them down):
- [Before going downstairs, when I asked if she thought Santa ate his cookies] "I don't want Santa to eat the cookie. Can I have a cookie?"
- [Also before we went down, I exclaimed "SANTA!" trying to get her pumped up. She cocked her head, listening to the banging downstairs, and said...] "That's not Santa, that's DADA!!!"
- "A kitchen for me?!!!"
- "Look out Lucia, I'm trying to open my present. Grab it, Lucia!"
- "Look at what Santa brought for me!"
- "That's for Lucy, the hello kitty socks." [Trying to share the stuff in her stocking. She then modeled both pairs of socks while we watched.]
- "Can I give it to Lucia?" [Trying to share again - it was really cute!]
- "Winnie the Pooh FOR ME!!!"
- "Dress!" [After every article of clothing, none of which were dresses.]
- "My matching shoes are flopping over, mama help!" [She tried on all of the shoes, too.]
- "I'm gonna get some more sheets." [Before opening a second pack of sheets, haha.]
- "You've gotta scissor these." [Handing me a box to open.]
- "Extercise boots!" [Snow boots.]
- "Whoa, can you take these tags off? I don't like boots on my tags."
- "Frosting!" [It was fake canned tuna.]
- [After I asked if she wanted to see what else she got...] "No, I'm making food."
- [To Justin, after he tried to help her open a gift...] "You messed up my present!"