Hey, ladies! And gents, if you're out there! I have been so flipping busy lately it's ridiculous. Let's catch up...
- Adriana suddenly decided that it's time to be potty trained. She has only pooped once, but she pees regularly. It was definitely a good choice to stop forcing her to sit on it when she clearly didn't want to, and to just wait for her to decide it was something she wanted to do.
- Around Christmas, Adriana went back to being my sweet little girl, ending her 5 month long reign of terror. That was a tough stage, glad to be out of it!
- Lucy has always been a happy girl. I finally got a decent video of her laughing, which can be seen here.
- Non-child things taking up my free time: work, a HUGE craftypants kick (more on this soon), trying to finish my book club book, the bachelor, twitter, pinterest, the instagram january photo a day challenge, a scarf swap, another CDP exchange. Things NOT taking up my free time: blogging, reading your blogs, cleaning, exercising. Things I intend to change about this arrangement: more blogging and reading your blogs. Sorry, kitchen (and ass)!
- Speaking of my ass, I joined weight watchers, which is a very, VERY un-Lauralike thing to do. I just feel like SO MANY of you are successful on it (Devan, Saly, and Suzanne come to mind), that it seemed stupid not to try. Plus, I have been taking pics of outfits as Shalini requested in a recent comment. Seeing myself from multiple angles is VERY MOTIVATING.
- Speaking of outfit pictures...Ugh, I can't believe I am doing this. Let's be clear - when I said I want to care more about my appearance, cute outfits are not at the top of my list. This is because I am so slovenly that I have like 18 other things to take care of first. I have been calling it a success if I don't go to work with wet hair and if my rosacea is covered up properly. I need to add "brows are under control" to that list next, because I look like Frida Kahlo right about now. Anyway, I may periodically post pics of my outfits so we can decide if my style progresses throughout the year (and feel free to give advice!!!)
Hey, look! I'm wearing makeup! I want to master bronzer and blush at some point (have shied away due to rosacea), but this is acceptable to me for normal daily wear. I'm sporting Clinique Even Better foundation and powder, Smashbox eyeliner, Lash Blast mascara, Burt's bees lip balm, and the tiredest eyes I've ever seen.
Whew, no more extreme close-up. The scarf is from Target, the sweater is Old Navy (last year)(too tight).
No wet hair! I'm waiting til closer to PJs @ TJ's to dye it, since I don't like to do that more than a couple of times a year.
Let's be honest, even when I take a few seconds to do my hair, it ends up like this most of the day anyway. Dorky expression = tired of taking pics of myself in the bathroom. Oh, I'm sorry, personal pumping room IN the bathroom.
This was Friday's outfit, so I'm wearing jeans. They are the curvy fit 4 Mossimo skinny jeans from Target. I KNOW, skinny jeans! WTF. Those Bearpaw boots are not remotely work appropriate, yet I wear them all winter. I have shoes under my desk in case I need to seem like I care. Whatever, they are warm. I should probably add "proper footwear" to my list of things to work on.
I hope this was not horrifically disappointing, especially since the request came from Ms. Poufy Skirt herself. I don't have a shred of your adorable fashion sense, Shalini!