Post a picture of yourself, tell us 11 things we might not know about you, answer the 11 questions asked of you, then write 11 new questions and tag some friends to play along (let them know you tagged them!)
I took this pic in the pumping room mirror (and approximately 18 others that were less satisfactory, but who's counting). Note my giant nerd glasses. I only paid shipping, so I wanted something fun, but neglected to consider that my face is way too long and narrow for frames this large. When I sent a pic of me in the glasses to Justin, he totally made fun of me. A lot. I was going to send them back, but that requires actual effort on my part. I busted them out again this morning, and Justin said they were "actually kinda cute", which is insane because he has been mocking my large sunglasses for many, many years. I'm still looking for less giant nerd glasses (preferably ones that also don't have a multiplication and division sign on them, WTF), so hit me up if you have any recommendations!
Okay, now for 11 things you might not know...hmmmmmmmmmm...
1) Pre-kids, I was crazy flexible - I could put my legs behind my head and twist both arms around in a full circle. I really want to start doing pilates again to get some of my flexibility back. I am old and creaky now.
2) I once made out with the lead singer of the eels.
3) I have always been the dumper, never the dumpee. Now that I'm married, I get to keep my perfect record forever (divorce is totally out of the question, we would probably stay together out of spite if things ever went south).
4) I love to talk smack, irrespective of whether or not I have the skills to back it up.
5) Both sets of my grandparents owned pizza shops when I was a kid.
6) I still own every Christopher Pike book, and enjoy them just as much as I did when I was ACTUALLY a young adult.
7) I used to have asthma and cat/dog allergies, but I have outgrown it.
8) I am left handed (and will be SO SAD if Lucia is a righty like Adriana and Justin).
9) The only way my hair takes dye is to completely bleach it first. In college, I would bleach out the front and go to town with all colors of manic panic. Some day I will find and post these pictures.
10) Related-ish, I have a tragus piercing and one tattoo.
11) I am going through a midlife crisis or something, I am seriously considering a) laser treatment for my rosacea, b) laser hair removal for several areas, starting with my super dark Italian armpit hair, and c) doing one of those crazy cleanses once I'm done breastfeeding. WHO AM I?
1. What is your favorite color and has it changed over the years?
I just answered this here! The answer is black, and no, it hasn't really changed over the years. However, I used to HATE pink and now I lerve it.
2. How well do you remember your first kiss? Details, please.
HEH. Adam Boswell, freshman year of high school (he was an 8th grader, I have ALWAYS liked 'em young). He lived next door to my best friend, and I pestered her FOREVER to set up a double date. We made out in a bean bag chair with our braces clinking together, it was all very romantic.
3. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
National parks - I want to visit all of them some day.
4. How many siblings do you have and are they older or younger?
I am the middle child and the only girl.
5. What are the baby names you used to LOVE but haven’t/wouldn’t ever use?
My only real naming regret is that I don't have a Gemma - LOVED this name but Justin wouldn't even let me put it on the list for Adriana. I was going to revisit it for Lucia but we found out our neighbors across the street have a little Gemma. Which was actually nice, because I didn't have to fight the fight - having a neighborhood Gemma automatically disqualifies the name.
6. What was your first car?
A 2000 Chevy Prism. Black, like every car since.
7. How do you feel about trivia games?
I LOVE them and I will beat you.
8. What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
I pretty much like every job I've had, even McDonald's.
9. What movie do you watch every time it’s on TV (even though you probably own it)?
10. Do you collect anything?
Random crap bins? And nail polish.
11. What color is your house and would you change it if you could?
Brick front, white siding, black door and shutters. I would change the style of my house - there are tons of gorgeous tudors on my street.
Questions for you - feel free to play along in the comments even if I don't tag you. If I do tag you and you participate, link in the comment section! I tag Saly, Shalini, Lacey, Heather, Laura, Megan, annnnd...Elise!
1) What are your top five all-time favorite bands?
2) What are your top five all-time favorite books?
3) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
4) What is your favorite treat?
5) What are you the proudest of?
6) What are you the most ashamed of?
7) What is your guilty pleasure?
8) What are you really, really good at?
9) What does your handwriting look like? (post a pic!!!)
10) Which chores do you refuse to do (or do your best to get out of)?
11) Do you have any tattoos, body piercings, etc.?