Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Diniwilk Stew



  • Yep, 2 Diniwilk Stews in a row.  I gotta start somewhere though.
  • After months of google reader (and now blogger) not supporting the old version of Internet Explorer (which we have at work), Lacey mentioned that she worked around this problem by installing google chrome.  I pointed out that my work requires an IT admin password to install anything, but tried it anyway. IT FREAKING WORKED!!!  Lacey is a genius.  
  • Don't get too excited though - work is SO BUSY that it's not like I will be reading blogs and writing posts all day long.  But it's nice to know that I CAN, if I wanted to.  
  • Life in general has been pretty overwhelming lately.  Or, at least, it would be if I wasn't letting pretty much everything slide except basic survival skills.  As I mentioned, work has been insane, so I'm putting in all these extra hours and have been travelling back and forth to Columbus a lot.  Starting mid-May, I will be spending 4 straight weeks down there, only seeing my family on the weekends (UGH UGH UGH).  I LOVE the work - it involves spending lots of time doing analysis, writing, and hanging out in courtrooms.  If you haven't gathered (here or by my comments elsewhere), I do regulatory type work in the energy industry.  I'm not a lawyer, but I do a lot of legal stuff (writing comments and testimony on behalf of our company, working to shape legislation, etc.).  Basically, I am a giant nerd for enjoying my job in the slightest.  I just wish it didn't get so crazy whenever there are big cases.  
  • Examples of things I have let slide: package sending (I AM SO SORRY, OTHER LAURA!!!), hygiene (myself and my children's), bloggy stuff, working out, cooking, cleaning, instagramming, photo a day challenge, watching tv, reading, book club, basically every area of my life that is remotely enjoyable.  
  • Examples of things I have not let slide: work, quality time with the girls and hubs, chocolate eating, watching makeup tutorials on youtube, sample whoring.  Okay, I guess I kept some of the enjoyable stuff.  
  • If you pay attention to me on twitter, you will know that my sample whore situation is completely out of control.  I will be posting some nerdy spreadsheets comparing the different sample services I belong to - good times!  I also want to do an April Favorites of random beauty crap and other things I bought that I love.  Does this interest anyone, or are you meh about it?  Basically I want to know the following: if I talk about makeup to you, is that the equivalent of you talking about crossfit to me?   
  • I think I mentioned last time that Lucy is finally sleeping.  I, however, apparently will need about 10 years to catch up on all of the missed sleep.  I go to bed when the girls do at least 50% of the time, if not more.  This is the first year of my life where I feel my age (if not older).  I really should go back to eating better and working out, but that requires too much effort.  
  • I can't remember if I said this already or not, but my body crapped out right at the 8 month mark AGAIN, and I didn't meet my breastfeeding goals.  SIGH.  More on this later too, if it's not too depressing to write. 
  • Even though everything else is crazy, the girls are just awesome.  Even when they are being a pain in the ass (ADRIANA), they really do make me so happy.  I finally feel like I have this two kids thing under control, for now.  Justin just needs to go get the snipperoo before we have another one to add to the mix (DEAR GOD NO).
  • That's all for now.  If you are reading this, thanks for sticking around when I get busy and disappear.  It means a lot to me! 

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love hearing about makeup! I vote yes to that.

PinkieBling said...

I believe you know my feelings about makeup discussions. ;-)

Mama Bub said...

Maaaaakeup! For mother's day, I would like a few hours, ALONE - or at least child free - in Sephora.

Suzanne said...

I vote yes to makeup! Everything I own is at least 4 years old and I have no idea what to do with any of it. I need ideas!

Jessica said...

1. Makeup talk is waaaaaay more interesting than crossfit talk.

2. My breastmilk craps out around 8 months, too. Paul won't let me quit, though, and nurses whether there's much there or not. So when I went on MY business trip I pumped a little, got a plugged duct anyway, and it was quite painful. Breastfeeding and trips away from baby don't mix. (For me, at least.)

Saly said...

Yes on the makeup front!!

My boobs always stop working right around the 7-8 month mark as well.

Lacey said...

My boobs are slowly fizzling out too. We are down to two nursing seshes a day.

SO glad you are back! Even if just for an update. Now I need a picture of your babies and I'll let you off the hook!

d e v a n said...

Glad you're back!

Jessica said...

Ok, speaking of sample whore, my sun safety kit from Sephora was just delivered and I am SUPER excited! I know the last thing you need is ANOTHER sample kit, but this looks like a good one. Large samples of everything (sunscreens, moisturizer with SPF, foundation with SPF, photo finish with SPF, self-tanning pads).

Although, now that I look it up, it seems they might be sold out. http://www.sephora.com/sun-safety-kit-P309406?skuId=1418680

Navigating the Mothership said...

Other Laura here to say NO WORRIES. Send the package whenever or simply remove it from your to do list. Maybe the latter. Can that be my gift to you? One less thing to do? Consider it please! For realz. Hang in there, busy lady.

Wiz said...

I love your "stews!" Sorry things have been crazy! And I need to get the husband to get the snip snip too. It is a MUST. Ha