Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 2012 Influenster Mom VoxBox Review

I received the following complimentary products for testing purposes from Influenster.  


June 2012 Influenster Mom VoxBox


The deets: Influenster is a little different than the other services I subscribe to, in that it's a lifestyle box, and it's free.  That's right, you heard me, FREE.  You go to the website, fill out a bunch of little surveys, win badges based on your responses, and then wait.  Each of the boxes have a theme, and you may or may not get one depending on demographics and the badges you have unlocked.  You get an email letting you know that you have been preselected for a box, and you go back in to accept the offer.  They strongly encourage you to talk about the products via social media, and I don't think you would be selected for another one if you don't do anything.  I'm not sure how often the boxes come out; since I signed up on March 23, there was a Spring Beauty VoxBox (I wasn't selected) and this one. I think the last one before that was Valentine's day themed.  Once your box comes, you check it in, and in a few weeks you fill out a survey and complete brand challenges to unlock more badges.  


Date of arrival: June 23, 2012.


Packaging: The VoxBox came in a plain cardboard box with a little sticker on the side.  It had those ecofoam packing peanuts and a card describing the products.  Interestingly, not everyone got everything - the card said that in addition to the standard products, some moms would get either a Dino Lingo Language DVD or an Original Dish Drying Mat. The packaging is pretty boring, but I wouldn't expect fancy packaging when I'm not paying for anything. 


Contents and mini product reviews:


First up we have a bar of Ivory soap and some DenTek flossers.  It was good timing on the Ivory, as I ran out of body wash and have been smelling like Axe for the past week.  I haven't used bar soaps in forever, at least 15 years.  Ivory is nice, it's not heavily scented so this is a great option when I don't want my body wash to compete with my lotions or perfumes. It gave me that weird soapy squeaky clean feeling in the shower, but my skin feels completely normal a few hours later.  It's crazy cheap, $4.27 for a 10-pack.


I already use those DenTek flossers (not regularly, don't tell my dentist).  I keep them in my purse in case food gets stuck in my teeth; they are extremely handy.  I didn't know they made ones for kids, I'm sure we will use them once the kiddos are a little older and have less gappy teeth.  They had little $1 off coupons, so I'll definitely be picking up some more (they are only $1.99-$2.99 for a full pack).  
Next up was a Superfruits Tea Sampler by Stash tea.  I think this brand was in the Valentine's day box as well.  I am a big tea drinker (hot and cold), and I love that these are all summery flavors.  I think the 3 herbal teas are caffeine free, but the 3 green teas aren't.  I like that the box has both options, because caffeine makes my anxiety worse so I have to watch how much I consume (and you will have to pry my diet coke out of my cold dead hands; I am not willing to switch to caffeine free there).  I am excited to make iced tea with the pomegranate raspberry green tea packets; sounds delicious. They included a coupon for $1 off 2 boxes in the store and 15% off a $25 or more purchase online.  The box is normally $3.50. 
Stash tea also makes Nektar Honey Crystals, which are 100% all natural honey granules.  This is a great idea, I'd absolutely carry these around in my purse.  1 pack is the equivalent of on teaspoon of honey; they gave us 2 packs to try.  A 40 count box goes for $6.99.  
I tried out the acai tea with a half pack of the honey crystals (in the ubiquitous Anthropologie mug); it was delish.  It was the first time I ventured into my sun room in a few months; it was disgusting.  Anyone want to come dust for me while I sit and drink tea?
The Quaker Soft Baked Oatmeal Cookie was not long for this world.  I think the girls and I inhaled it in about 18 seconds.  Best 18 seconds ever.  It was super soft and reminded me of a homemade cookie.  At $2.69 for a box of 6, I will definitely be repurchasing.  


They ate them so fast I couldn't even get a decent picture.  Also, I wouldn't normally show a pic of A's undies, but I wanted to point out another Justin dressing fail.  Those are not ADRIANA'S underwear, they are supposed to go over LUCY'S diaper when she wears a dress in that print.  He knew it wasn't right, but he thought they were A's bathing suit bottoms.  I don't know if that's better or worse :)
The imPRESS Press-On manicure also came with a $1.00 off coupon (they normally run $5.99-$7.99).  Mine came in Stiletto, and it's not really a shade I'd wear, especially in the summer. If it works, I'd try Space Cadet, Starstruck, or Holla!
I was lucky enough to be one of the people who got the Original Dish Drying Mat, and I couldn't be happier.  My mom has these and they are AMAZING.  So soft and squishy.  We are drinkers of wine and I think this will keep my wine glasses safe while they dry.  I could be mistaken, but I think the same brand makes bath mats too.  My mom has some and they are like heaven on your feet.  I'm totally getting some once ours are worn out.  I'm wondering if they only gave these to the people who live near a Bed Bath and Beyond, since it is the exclusive retailer of this product (they sell them for $4.99).   
All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my first Influenster VoxBox experience.  I think it's a great idea from a marketing perspective - so many of us are reviewing products we paid for just for fun, so may as well get us to review some products for free.  Win win.  



3 comments:

mattabellax3 said...

My sister is getting this sometime soon. She's been checking the mail everyday. Looks great. Hopefully I don't spoil it for her. Btw I love your cats name mohinder. Reminds me of the show heroes.

Mattabellablogs.blogspot.con

mattabellax3 said...

Also I just saw that dish drying may at the dollar general. I want one so badly

Heather said...

I'm totally buying one of those dish drying mats for our cabin. We don't have a dishwasher there and I'm constantly playing leaning tower of pots & pans in the dish drainer.