Friday, July 20, 2012

Diniwilk Stew: Summer Fun Edition


It's friday, how about some bullets? And pictures!


  • I started C210K July 2 and am only on week 2 day 2 due to injuries.  Still, that's 5 (no, 4!  I took a (jiggly) run in October!) more times than I've run any other month since about 2009.   Perhaps I won't horribly embarrass myself at the Akron Roadrunner Marathon this year.  Don't worry, I'm just doing the relay...but my leg is 5.5 miles.  I have never run more than 3, and that was in high school. It should be interesting.  
  • My injuries are not running related.  They are from birthing fat babies and carrying fat toddlers.  Sorry girls, but if you make me lose the ability to wear tampons (TMI! And KMN!*) or lift the remote, I get to call you fat.  
  • Speaking of which, have you read this amazing post by Elizabeth?  I would never, ever ACTUALLY call my girls fat (I promise), I really do worry a lot about how to raise two females with high self esteem and a positive body issue.  It seems like an impossible task in a time when girls can be mean 24/7 thanks to social media / texting.  I adore the post and think everyone should read it, whether you are a mother of girls or not.  
  • Why is it so impossible for me to cut bangs and not hate them?  They looks so cute on other people!  Zooey Deschanel likes them!  But I only like them on instagram, with a filter, without my entire face showing. In real life, I think they make me look like an ugly dude.  Plus I have to actually, like, DO my hair when I have them.  So now I'm trying to decide if I want to go shorter in the hopes that they are cute if you can see my eyebrows, or just start growing them out now since you know that's the inevitable outcome anyway.     

  • The $7 sprinkler is still a good investment.  To water the children, not the lawn, obviously. 

I taught Adriana how to make butt prints, to her endless amusement

   


  • As are trips to the ice cream truck:
   
  • Or McDonald's:
Double fisted!

Like you can choose between your multiple pictures of kids eating nuggets
  • Other random cuteness: 
Lucia's face cracks me up in this one
Adriana already loves messing with her little sis: first chalk then the bubbles

New shoes!

Making kissy faces for daddy after we tried on new lip gloss

Hello, cutie!

She was more excited to meet Brobee and Plex, but I love her face in this one

Toddler pedicure!  Adriana actually managed to sit still for this one

Oh, and don't forget to enter the KLUTCHclub giveaway!  It's open til 5 Ohio time!



*Kill Me Now!  Because seriously, the alternatives are not acceptable.  

11 comments:

PinkieBling said...

Your girls - and these pics - are adorable! Your bangs look super cute in that photo, but I know what a PITA they can be in real life.

Dude, I am so sorry about the prolapsed bladder. That shit ain't right!

Laura Diniwilk said...

Deja - I know! I'm 33, not 83! It's definitely a mild case, just bad enough to be annoying.

d e v a n said...

I looove the pictures! They are so cute!

Mrs. Irritation said...

Your girls are too stinkin' cute!

Sarah in Ottawa said...

Your girls are such cuties!

But oh - the prolapse. I am in the same boat (with an even worse rectocele which will require surgery, too) and running is awful. I am sorry that you're dealing with the same thing. Silly giant babies!

Michelle said...

First, your girls are adorable.
Second, that post by Elizabeth was inspiring.
And third, I alternate between hating my bangs and loving them every other day. I've gotten to the point that on days I hate them, I sweep them to the side or pin them back. On days I love them, I leave them down.

Ann said...

You have the cutest girls! I'm jealous. My baby is almost over 6ft...and a boy...and almost 20. He doesn't look nearly as cute in a dress either. :P However, he DOES have a great sense of self esteem. I'm not sure what we did right (aside from encouragement, education, spending time, reading, etc). His self esteem is almost 'too good'..lol. He thinks he's the most awesome thing since Facebook. (I guess sliced bread has been thrown out with the bathwater!) As for your bangs, they're great, but I do know what you mean when you say that you have to 'do' your hair now. At least you'll be a little bit cooler this summer!

Emily said...

Your girls are so damn cute!

Emily said...

Your girls are so damn cute!

Mama Bub said...

I love their matching outfits! It's almost enough to make me want another baby, so I'll have two boys or two girls to dress alike.

I just ordered the Julep box using the code in your other post - for a PENNY! I'm pretty excited about it.

Doing My Best said...

All three of you girls are so beautiful =)!