Friday, August 10, 2012

August 2012 Julep Maven Boho Glam Mystery Box

My mystery box came!  I knew as soon as I saw the box on my porch I wasn't going to be disappointed - it was a nice big one.  


I got The Best Pedi Prep Ever! ($20), a foot file ($6), toe separator thingies, and three polishes ($14 each).  Not as much as I thought would be in that big old box, but I'm happy.  I was super excited about the Pedi Prep, because I'm really enjoying my Pedi Creme, my feet are getting really calloused from running, and we are going to the beach soon.  Perfect timing!

From left to right in the pic below, I have Michelle, Blake, and Alyson.  I just wanted to do a quick swatch to see what the formula was like, hence the sloppy ass paint job.  Michelle was on the thick and goopy side, but it could be due to the fact that the box sat in the sun all day.  I had the same problem with a bunch of my June polishes, but they are all fine now.  I think my favorite is Alyson - I love how neutrals make your hands look so clean and polished.  I am definitely excited to wear Blake to the beach.  Given that Michelle appears to be a close dupe of OPI's Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees from the Spain Collection, I probably won't get much use out of it, but for $20 ($68 value), this box was a win!


You can enter my Julep Maven Intro Box giveaway here, or sign up for the Julep Maven using my referral link here.  Also, the mystery boxes appear to still be up, you get get one here (not gonna lie, I'm seriously considering getting another one).

Did you get a mystery box?  What did you get???

6 comments:

animalwildworld said...

I can’t wait for my mystery box to come. I entered your Julep giveaway and I also have one going on where the prize is a August box of your choice if your interested. http://sparklegirlslife.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/100-followers-giveaway-featuring-julep/

CityGirl said...

I like Alyson best as well. The pedi prep is awesome - love how smooth my feet are afterwards!

PinkieBling said...

Aww, man! I waited too long. :(

That might actually be a good thing, though, because I think Julep Maven has the potential to bankrupt me. Speaking of which, Blake is on my list to buy. :)

Kimmy said...

I got the boho glam box as well but received Daisy, Molly and Vera. It is my first box, so I am very excited!

Sam D. said...

I don't understand why you got Blake? I thought that was an it girl color. I only mention it because I just got an it girl intro box and got Blake so I am hoping my mystery box doesn't have it in there, how many yellows does a girl need? :) thanks for sharing.

maykaym4 said...

I've been a Julep Maven for a few months, and this was my first mystery box, so I decided to give it a whirl. I usually go for It Girl, but decided to go with Boho Glam because I wanted more than just polish. Somehow I lucked out! I received 8 polishes (Vera, Mischa, Daisy, Emmanuelle, Michelle, Blake, Molly and Alyson), along with a topcoat, basecoat, pedi prep, foot file, nail growth serum and toe separators. Love it! I know this will probably be my one and only big monster box, But I'm definitely sold!