Friday, November 16, 2012

11 Questions, Part 2

I was nominated for a Liebster Award over at Not Insane...Promise! right before I left for New Orleans.  Did you know that The Diniwilks is the vampire father of Not Insane...Promise?  Who knew that my ramblings would actually inspire someone else to blog!  Thanks, K!

I actually did this once before, but I don't think people had a fancy name or called it an award back then.  





The Rules: 
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know they are nominated.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog

11 Facts about me:

1) Since the last time I wrote this, I have added a tattoo.  Also? I'm 33 years old, and I just wondered what my mom is going to think when she reads that. 

2) Despite the fact that I love to try out new makeup and always know where the amazing deals are, my ability to SHOP for makeup does not translate into an ability to WEAR makeup.  I usually only slap on enough to cover up the rosacea and call it good, and I still can't do a smoky eye to save my life.  

3) I took an Enneagram test, since Maggie makes it sound like fun.  I scored equally on Types 1, 2, and 7, but 7 is the one that really sounds like me, especially after reading the long version (although I do have a healthy amount of type 2 I just wanna be loooooooooved in me too).  

Type Seven 
The Enthusiast
The busy, productive type. Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

4) I love these types of personality tests...I'm also a Myers-Briggs ENTP.  I think the two tests are in agreement - I have the attention span of a goldfish.  

ENTP: Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

5)  Even though I relate to Enneagram Type 7 and consistently score as a ENTP, I think I'm becoming more of an introvert as I get older.  Maybe it's just that I didn't feel well, but I kept having to leave the room at the Saturday Blathering dinner because it was just Too! Much! Stimulation!  Then again, while I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED spending time with Lacey and Heather, I kept feeling like I was missing the party by not getting to know a bunch of other people too.  So, I don't know.  I guess I am both at different times, sometimes even in the same weekend.  

6) I just wrote a whole bunch of stuff about my education and job history, but I think that warrants its own post (or 5).  So consider this bullet a placeholder.

7) I pretty much always order both a hot and cold drink at the same time, and alternate sips.  Much like my nugget dipping sauces.  I might be a little OCD about food.  

8) I am a jeans and black t-shirt kind of girl, likely with mismatched stripey socks.  

9) I love cheese.  To the point that my mom thought it would be funny to have the doctor tell me I had a cheese allergy when I was a kid.  I got a million shots in my arm to determine which things I had a bad allergic reaction to.  He pointed to the biggest, puffiest, pinkest one (likely the one for "outdoors") and said it was the one for cheese.  And then I almost cried.  THANKS, MOM!

10) I am one of those people who never knows where their keys are.  I may be locked out of my house as we speak (read?).  For the second day in a row.

11) I was too sick this year to vote, and I still feel really guilty about that.  Because I COULD have gone anyway, and carried a barf bag or something.  And I could have early voted.  I miss the 2004 Laura who was so politically motivated that she shed actual tears as Ohio voted for Bush and against gay marriage.  I feel like I have been so wrapped up in my own shit this year that I am losing sight of what is really important, and I don't like that.  

Questions from Not Insane...Promise!

1) What is your favorite food?  It changes all of the time.  Indian lunch buffet, currently.

2) If you could live anywhere in the world (money/unrest not an issue), where would you live?  I want to say Seattle, but I have only been there when the weather was beautiful and Ranier was out.  The rain would probably get to me after a while.  But I'd like to at least give it a try, in this money-free alternate universe. 

3) If you run, what's your favorite distance?  I think about 2 miles is perfect for me, after that my hip hurts and my body is tired.  

4) What would your ideal adventure be?  I really wish I had done the whole backpacking across Europe thing in my early 20's.

5) What's your favorite thing to shop for?  Either shoes or makeup.  I would say shopping for the girls, but that always comes with SO MUCH GUILT because they already have SO MANY THINGS and I feel like it's wasteful.  But apparently more freaking makeup isn't?  I don't know.    

6) What are your favorite pair of shoes?  This is hard, for some reason.  I don't feel particularly attached to any of my shoes right now and that makes me sad.  I generally like anything with a kitten heel or t-strap.

7) What's your favorite kind of drink?  Diet coke, preferably in a can that is so cold that there are wee ice crystals.

8) Who does more housework, you or your husband?  Generally me, but lately Justin.  He gets a lot more kid-free time because he works 3-11 two days a week, and the girls are in daycare those days.  

9) Do you have any pets?  We still have our cat, Leo.  We did end up having to give up Mohinder, as the peeing was getting out of control :(

10) What's your favorite song?  I have a lot of fond memories attached to U2's One.  The most recent one being on our honeymoon, driving in the limo on the way to the airport, champagne in hand, while the driver sang it in his accent and Justin and I tried not to giggle from the backseat.  

11) Why do you blog?  To capture snippets of our lives that my swiss cheese brain would forget otherwise.  And as a way to interact with all of you.  

I nominate Shauna, Misty, Erin, Erica, and Susie.  You can answer the questions I asked last time.  Or don't, I really won't be offended.  

And if the rest of you want to talk about Enneagrams and Myers-Briggs in the comments, that would be awesome.  

5 comments:

Lacey said...

I took that Enneagram test too, and was a type 9 with a type 4 as a close second. Um yeah, definitely introverted with the titles The Peacemaker and The Individualist. And love how the descriptions of those two types can be such opposites. One says temperamental while the other says agreeable and complacent. So maybe I'm bipolar? Ha.

Jessica said...

Clearly we're soulmates, since I've determined I am also an NTP, just with an "I" in front of it.

Also, I'm a 5 on the Enneagram, meaning my stress type is 7 and I do see a lot of 7 in me. Way more than my supposed security type of 8. (Perhaps that means I'm always stressed. Oops.)

Jessica said...

(Also, I think it's hilarious the 'virtue' of type 5 is non-attachment. Way to put a positive spin on it, enneagram!) (I'm totally like that, but usually see it as a negative, meaning I usually don't give a crap.)

Sarah in Ottawa said...

I am an ENF but am very much on the J/P border; always have been. On the Enneagram, I am a 7-2 or 2-7 blend. Oh! I love personality indicators.

Not Insane...Promise! said...

You did inspire me, and thank you for that :-) I've found a great community of people!!