Wednesday, November 14, 2012

88 Questions

Lacey said I'm mysterious, so I'm going to answer these questions (and maybe a few more random surveys throughout the month).  Consider this a bonus post to make up for the ones I missed!  I'd love if you play along, please link in the comments if you do. 

1.  Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed? Open. Usually because there is so much crap spilling out that I can't close the door.  I am a bad grown-up. 

2.  Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? Sometimes, but I don't often use them up if I do, so I should probably cut that shit out.


3.  Have you ever ‘done it’ in a hotel room? Yes...wedding and honeymoon come to mind, plus various other trips.  I have never gotten a hotel room for the sole purpose of "doing it".  


4.  Where is your next vacation? Well, I wanted to take Justin to Vegas for his birthday, but it's not looking like that is feasible.  I plan to go to PJs at TJ's again in February, so Phoenix.  


5.  Have you ever stolen a street sign before? Yes, but it was one that had already been knocked over...a giant sign with the highway number on it.  We saw it on the ground and drove back out at night to take it.  The bolts were rusted and it took FOREVER to get it off the post, and we almost got caught like 10 times.  But we did it, and it lived with us for the next 4 years of college.  


6.  Who do you think reads these? I assume about a fourth of you do, and another fourth skim. 


7.  Do you have a calendar in your room?  Nope. 


8.  Where are you?  Sitting on a couch in my living room, where I almost always am at this time of night.  


9.  What’s your plan for the day? Finish this craziness while watching Private Practice, then go to sleep.  


10. Are you reading any books right now? I'm about halfway through The Likeness by Tana French.  I'm loving it. 


11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? I used to, when I was younger.  I don't anymore, but I do grip the railing and watch my feet when walking down stairs ever since my first pregnancy.  


12. Have you ever peed in the woods? I can't specifically recall, but I'm sure I have.  I have also peed in other weird places, like behind a dumpster at a gas station after closing time.  KLASSY.  


13. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? Yep; Adriana frequently asks me to dance, and who am I to turn her down?  There is nothing in the world better than a family dance party.  


14. Do you chew your pens and pencils? Dear god no.  Gross.  I mentioned in my vlog that I'm really weird about office supplies, so chewing on them would be heresy.  


15. What is your “Song of the Week”? Don't have one.  I rarely listen to music these days.  I keep meaning to fix this, but never seem to make the time.  I listen to NPR during my 2 second commute.  


16. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? I really want to say yes, because fuck gender stereotypes (go team blue girl monster!) but most guys who wear pink are total douchebags, so I'm gonna have to go with no. 


17. Do you still watch cartoons? I have a three year old, so yes.  Pre-kids, we were known to watch some anime on occasion (Full Metal Alchemist).  Ooh, and I like Teen Titans.  


18. Whats your favorite love movie? I can watch Drive Me Crazy any day.  Melissa Joan Hart, Adrien Grenier before he got famous.  I love high school movies.  


19. What do you drink with dinner? Diet Coke if I'm home, wine and water if I'm out.


20. What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in? I alternate between barbecue and honey mustard.  And I don't mean each meal I have a different one, I mean I literally switch back and forth so I never have two consecutive bites with the same sauce.  


21. What is your favorite food/cuisine? Indian food, yum.  Matar paneer is my fave, but I also love biryani with any meat.  Ethiopian would probably be my favorite if Ohio wasn't lame and it was a readily available option.  


22. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Mean Girls, The Princess Bride, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, Ten Things I Hate About You, Drive Me Crazy, She's All That, Can't Hardly Wait, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, pretty much anything with Kirsten Dunst, Zooey Deschanel, Mark Ruffalo, or Joseph Gordon Levitt.  That is a terrible fucking list.  


23. Last person you hugged/kissed? I just put Adriana to bed, so Adriana.  Non family members...I can't remember if I hugged Lacey goodbye, so Heather?  Did I really not hug you, Lacey?


24. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? Nope, and never had any desire to be one.  Except I do remember that the Brownie handbook was a hot item from the bookmobile, so maybe that's not entirely true.


25. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Maybe if I was hot.  But probably not. 


26. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? Like, an actual letter and not a card?  Probably my college boyfriend, we wrote tons of letters back and forth when we were long distance. 


27. Can you change the oil on a car? Nope, nor do I have any desire to learn.  


28. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? This should be more like "have you ever NOT gotten a speeding ticket".  My most recent one was on June 26.  I know this because my birthday is June 28 and I almost made it a whole year without getting called out for my expired tags.  I didn't really mean to go so long, but after a while it was kind of fun to see if I could tempt fate.  Fail. 


29. Run out of gas? Twice, I think.  And once I was in the car when Justin did it (really early on in dating) and we pretended it was me because my dad had to come bail us out and that was before he and Justin were on good terms. 


30. Favorite kind of sandwich? Probably a reuben.  Yum. 


31. Best thing to eat for breakfast? Nothing.  I am so not a breakfast person.  If I must, then a Krispy Kreme glazed donut with ice cold milk.


32. What is your usual bedtime? Anywhere from 8 to 11. Probably most often go to bed around 10. 


33. Are you lazy? Totally.


34. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? One year my mom made me a princess skirt using a hula hoop in the bottom for fullness and a burger king crown (ha!).  The next year she lopped off the top part, covered it in foil and I became a Hershey Kiss.  


35. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Not intentionally.  Somehow I keep getting shit sent to me in my name (Rolling Stone, Better Homes and Gardens, and something called More).  I never pay and it eventually goes away for a year or so before it randomly comes back.  


36. Which are better, legos or lincoln logs? Legos, no contest.


37. Are you stubborn? Totally.


38. Who is better…Leno or Letterman? Letterman.


39. Ever watch soap operas? In college, we used to schedule our classes around Days of Our Lives and Passions.  And there was one called...Malibu Beach?  I think?


40. Afraid of heights? Nope. 


41. Sing in the car? Yep, when on long trips.


42. Dance in the shower? Nope.  Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.  Am clumsy. 


43. Dance in the car? Yep.  Family dance party!


44. Ever used a gun? Justin is training me on how to use our gun.  More on this later. 


45. Do you think musicals are cheesy? They can be, but generally no.  I was the props manager or stage manager for several of our plays and musicals in high school. Big fan of the theater. 


46. Is Christmas stressful? Yes, we split the day between too many people.  


47. Ever eat a pierogi? Yep, but usually only the boxed kind.  Mrs. T's.  Basically an excuse to eat a tub of sour cream single handedly.  


48. Major annoyance right now? So, we sent Mohinder back from whence he came due to the peeing.  It was really hard and really sad.  Leo is now taking it upon himself to pee everywhere Momo did now that he has the house to himself.  He NEVER did this before.  I can't deal with it.  


49. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? I wanted to be a doctor from a pretty early age.  I wish someone had told me that a nurse was cool too.  


50. Do you believe in ghosts? Not even a little bit.


51. Ever have a deja-vu feeling? Yes.  Justin has it more often and more intensely, and thinks he dreams things before they happen.  


52. Do you take a vitamin daily? I can not be trusted to take anything daily, hence our 100% success rate at unplanned pregnancies.  


53. Wear slippers? Not usually. 


54. Wear a bath robe? Nope. 


55. What do you wear to bed? Generally nothing.  I blame this on pregnancy, when clothes annoyed the crap out of me.  I always used to wear yoga pants and a t shirt.  


56. Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart? Ugh, Target all the way.  Why is this even a question?


57. Nike or Adidas? The soccer player in me wants to say Adidas, but I have worn Nike's most of my adult life.  Grades 5-11 were spent in Adidas Sambas so they will always have a special place in my heart. 


58. Cheetos Or Fritos? Gross, neither.  Maybe once every 2 years I'll make chili dip with fritos but that's about it. 


59. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Cashews. 


60. Ever hear of, “gorp”? Uhh, no?


61. Ever taken karate? No, but I took some Tai Chi for a while.


62. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Yep, and I liked it. 


63. Can you curl your tongue? Yep.  I just learned a week or two ago that Justin and Adriana can't (unless she's just too little to figure it out).


64. Ever won a spelling bee? I was pretty much always the winner of the class ones, but I only came in second for the school one (after going head to head for like 20 minutes, setting the record for the most number of rounds).  Nerd alert!!!


65. Ever cried because you were so happy? Who hasn't?


66. Own any record albums? Yep.  I was collecting all of the Subpop single's club records for a long time but I eventually lost interest.  I should ebay that shit. 


67. Own a record player? Yep, but it's not plugged in. 


68. Regularly burn incense? Not since, like, 1997. 


69. Ever been in love? Yep.


70. Hot tea or cold tea? Ooooh, tough one.  Love them both.  Cold I guess, NO SUGAR.  But I like milk and sugar in my hot tea.  That's probably weird.  


71. Tea or coffee? Tea, but I've been on a coffee kick this week.  


72. Favorite kind of cookie? Remember that chain email from when the internet was first invented about the lady who went to Nieman Marcus and was unknowingly charged $100 for their cookie recipe so she sent it around in a fit of rage? Those cookies.


73. Can you swim well? Like a fish.


74. Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose? Yes.  How would you hold your nose other than manually?  With your feet?


75. Are you patient? Sometimes.  Depends on the issue. 


76. Ever won a contest? Just a blog giveaway.  


77. Ever had plastic surgery? Nope, but I really, really, really want laser hair removal.  Head to toe, I'm a hairy beast. 


78. Which are better black or green olives? Green, black disgust me. 


79. Can you knit or crochet? Both, but I'm (infinitely) better at crocheting.


80. Wash room or bathroom? Bathroom.


81. Do you want to get married? Never again. 


82. Who was your High School crush? My friend's twin brother.  Since I assume people you actually dated aren't a crush.  


83. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? Cry, yes, throw a fit, no.  And when I cry, it's not to get my own way, it's just because I'm a cryer.  


84. Do you have kids? Sure do.


85. Do you want kids? Most of the time.


86. What kind of mom are you? A working mom; I am a fan of breastfeeding and co-sleeping; I would have cloth diapered if I was the primary caregiver; I let the kid dictate the schedule; I dress my girls in matching clothes; I frequently paint their nails; I laugh when they drop F bombs; I do my best to never spank them but I'm not going to say it's never happened; I let them watch a decent amount of tv in the winter; I'm super affectionate; There is nothing I wouldn't do for these girls.    


87. Do you miss anyone right now? Justin has been playing call of duty all week, so I miss him.


88. Who do you want to see right now? See #87; it's bedtime, yo!

4 comments:

Kara said...

#39- I totally did that too! I watched Days, my roommate watched General. So we'd go to our morning classes, and meet up in the dorm lounge for soaps and lunch. On any given day there'd be 20 or more of us watching the soaps.

Lacey said...

I don't think we hugged goodbye! I babbled something about seeing you again SOON and we walked away, I think. I am AWFUL at not being awkward during goodbyes.

You are much less mysterious to me now, haha. I really did learn a few things though.

Suzanne said...

#22 - We have exactly the same taste in movies.

#39 - Do you mean Sunset Beach? I LOVED that show.

I approve of these quizzes.

Jessica said...

Oh dear, we’re not so compatible on movies. Or at least actors – I don’t like Kirsten Dunst, Zooey Deschanel, OR Mark Ruffalo. Although he’s not so bad. Just not my favorite. I do really like How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, though! Also Ten Things I Hate About You, assuming that’s the Heath Ledger movie? I can’t ever remember the name of it and feel like I always mix it up with a different movie. Love it, though.

I once ran out of gas while exiting the interstate to GET gas. I probably would have been ok, too, but the gas station was at the top of a big hill and the incline made the tiny bit of gas I had left flow away from where it needed to be. So frustrating.