Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken Recipe

Thought I'd post an easy dinner recipe for those of us who are cooking-impaired.

I just take a pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut them in half, season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, then add colorful bell peppers and onion slices to a baking sheet.  Open up a can of pineapple slices and dump it on top, juice and all.  I also like to add chicken broth to keep it nice and moist.  I stick it in the oven at 350 for some period of time (I suck at timing things.  45 min to an hour?  Perhaps you should get a meat thermometer if you don't want to poison your family).  

I personally like this on the King's Hawaiian rolls with some provolone or mozzarella, but you can just eat as is if you want.  The chicken is really tender and juicy and delicious.  Adriana kept saying "Oh my God.  I love this!!!" in her teenager voice, so I assume that's a good sign.

Raw chicken, ewwwww.
I asked Justin to get a bunch of Hostess goodies for dessert, so the girls could have their first Twinkies and Hostess cupcakes before they are no longer available.  He brought home this instead:

Swiss Rolls != Hohos
Reading comprehension fail.  But that's okay, I am not going to turn down Fudge Rounds and Nutty Bars.  Yum.  

What is your go to easy dinner?  I need ideas!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Mmmm, Star Crunch. Oh, sorry, my easy dinner is chicken + jar of salsa + packet of taco seasoning + crockpot = excellent chicken tacos.

Mommy Daisy said...

Ha ha! The Twinkies/Hoho's vs. Little Debbies was soo funny.

I will have to try this recipe. It looks and sound delicious, and is something that my little family would love. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

StephLove said...

I have been wondering if I should buy some Hostess stuff, too, and then I wonder if there's any left in the store.

Whenever Beth works late and it's just me and the kids I make mac and cheese from a box and add broccoli. That's about as easy as it gets. Grilled cheese sandwiches and soup is a good one, too. Or quesadillas. I'm noticing a cheese theme here.

Anonymous said...

easy cooking dinnerx2 **whole chicken (more time: underskin rub),
can chicken broth+water, carrots-crockpot (high 4 hours, low 8 hours)
**beef/pork roast, slather with horseradish, can beef both+water, carrots/onion/taters-crockpot (same as chicken).
andie :)