Friday, November 30, 2012

November Goals Update; NaBlewItAgain

Well, my November wasn't exactly the wild success I was hoping for, but some things got done.  


  • Come reasonably close to succeeding at NaBloPoMo.  Ehhh, I wouldn't say I came reasonably close.  Looks like I NaBlewIt again.  I was deathly ill on the 5th and 6th, I missed the 8th-11th due to not being able to blog on iPad while traveling, I missed a bunch over Thanksgiving, and then I kind of gave up after that.  I only hit 21 posts, compared to 23 in 2011.  Better luck next year!
  • Come reasonably close to succeeding at Other Laura's 30 Days of Fitness Challenge.  Ummmm, no.  I failed pretty spectacularly on this one, only working out a grand total of four times.  I did have my first experience working out over lunch and then showering at work, which is something I'd like to do more often.    
  • Finish my book club book before the actual book club meeting (Some Girls: My Life in a Harem by Jillian Lauren) Completed 11/8/12.  But then I skipped book club.  SIGH.  
  • Take the girls to the aquarium.  Completed 11/3/12
  • Go on one date with Justin.  Completed 11/28/12.  We went to Olive Garden, which used to be a regular date for us pre-kids.  I got tipsy off two Italian Margaritas and gorged myself on the Braised Beef and Tortelloni.  We sat on the same side of the bench like a couple of dorks and made ridiculous predictions about what the girls would be like when they are teenagers.  It was awesome. 


 
  • Declutter the dining room.  Not yet, but the day is young and I'm having the in-laws over for dinner tomorrow.  This needs to happen.  
  • Call my great aunt.  Completed 11/30/12, because I am a procrastinator.  
  • Visit my grandma.  Ugh, another fail.  I WILL do this in December.  And every month in 2013.  
  • Sell at least one baby item.  No, but we cleaned up several big ticket items.  I just need to photograph and put on my company's portal.  
  • Beat my race around the park time at the Blathering 5K.  Nope.  I ran for mayyyyyyyybe 20 minutes before my hip crapped out and I had to go find the walkers. 
 
Soooo, I'm up to 4/10, which will be upgraded to 5/10 tonight if I get my shit together and clean the dining room.  Not too hot, but, if you don't already know, my policy for goal setting is to try to push myself into stuff that I wouldn't necessarily do otherwise.  I figure that if my goals were all 100% realistic I may as well go back to the lists I used to make as a kid, which had stuff like "Wake up.  Shower.  Put in contacts." on them.  I knew that I wouldn't likely complete the 30 days of fitness, but I worked out 4 more days than I would have if it wasn't on my list.  And the failures make me that much more determined to get my act together and cross it off my list next month.  If at first you don't succeed, right?

6 comments:

Lacey said...

You guys are too cute sitting on the same side of the table. Presh!

I'll give you an A for effort. You did better than me on the NaBloPoMo. I signed up, mentioned it on my first post, and then went back and deleted my mention of it so no one can say I failed. Failed what? I never said I was doing that! :)

Susie said...

I used to be so good about monthly goal setting, if not monthly goal completion. I want to do it again! But I've been saying that for months, and ... nothing. Apparently that should be the sum total of my list. "Set monthly goal to set monthly goals."

Saly said...

Are your in-laws actually going to show up? That is the question. You may not need to clean the table.

Laura Diniwilk said...

LOL @ Saly. Truer words have never been spoken.

Kara Keenan said...

I'm currently reading Some Girls, and honestly, I want to throttle Jillian. She's only five years older than me, but the world she comes from seems entirely from a different generation.

I have a stupid climbing structure sitting in my garage. My husband has been "going to do a yard sale" since July.

Jessica said...

Hey! Braised Beef and Tortelloni! That's my favorite order at Olive Garden:)