Monday, December 17, 2012

Julep Gold Glamour Mystery Clutch Review and New Year's Mystery Box Preview

Julep is KILLING ME with these mystery bags!  I caved on the Gold Glamour Mystery Clutch (the only 12 days of gifting email that got me - I even passed on the mystery wristlet).

Mine was the standard one that most people got.  It included a 10 pack of the polish remover pads, 2 glitter pots, the spf 30 Daylight Defense, and 3 polishes.  I already owned Sharon and Kathleen (Sharon reviewed here), but I didn't have Popova from the Trina Turk collection.  I was a little disappointed that two of the polishes were repeated from the Glitter and Glow collection, but they are super pretty and are great stocking stuffers.  

Based on the contents alone, I wouldn't recommend the Gold Glamour Mystery Clutch, which still appears to be available for $29.99 (unless you really love the colors). HOWEVER, the clutch itself is FABULOUS.  Love the sequins, love the leopard print lining, it's decently constructed, and it's padded so it would make the cutest kindle or ipad mini case EVER.  I love it and think that alone made it worth the price.

So I was just promising to myself that I won't do the next round of mystery boxes since the clutch wasn't quite what I hoped for when I get an email advertising the New Year's Mystery Box, which guarantees $100-$500 worth of products (compared to the usual $60-$200):



 And, as if that wasn't enough, THEY ARE GIVING A MINI IPAD TO SOMEONE.  

This probably really is the "best mystery box yet" and it's not just the Julep equivalent of the most exciting rose ceremony ever.  

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

So I'm in, obviously.  Anyone else joining me?

Don't forget to enter the Julep contest for $432 worth of polish and products here (be sure to mention the Diniwilks!!!!), and to stop on over to my contest afterwards.  I think my blog has the most referrals so far (squeeeeeeeee!!!!)(and THANK YOU), let's keep it that way!

7 comments:

PinkieBling said...

Curse you, woman! I'm buying the New Year's box RIGHT NOW. :)

Emily said...

I'm so tempted to buy the New Year's one! I'm trying to exercise some restraint, but I'm not sure it's going to work.

susan said...

ohhhh... that looks like an exciting surprise.. I kind of want one :) I'm tempted. I do like those polish colors you got, but I'm not sure I'd buy them, as I'd rarely wear them..

Alicia Curley said...

all that glitter! how could you say no?? :)

Katie Wilkes said...

WHY must they do this to us?? lol. Trying not to purchase a mystery box...

Jessica said...

Um, yeah, I'm in. The email definitely hooked me, too.

Shannon said...

I turned to my husband last night after receiving the email and said sweetly, "honey...do you still need Christmas present ideas for me?" He took one look at it and said "Its because its a mystery box isn't it?". Guilty! So Hubby bought one for me. SO excited!!