Friday, December 7, 2012

NOTD / Julep Sharon Review

Julep's Sharon is a "dark, bold red shimmer".  I got it from the Glitter and Glow collection offered as a December add-on, so it was $19.99 or 2000 Jules (2 referrals - thanks again to everyone who has used my referral link).  Glitter and Glow has 5 polishes, so that was a great deal - similar sets are going for $34 on Julep's website and at Sephora.

Sharon really, really, really reminds me of the OPI cult classic "I'm not really a waitress".  Some people's INRAW swatches look more red and less burgundy than mine (maybe because my bottle is from 2002, when I WAS really a waitress), but Sharon is almost exactly what mine looks like, just with a touch less shimmer.  

To me, Sharon is more of a fall/winter red, but would look great on the toes year round.  It's the perfect red for someone who doesn't want BAM! IN YOUR FACE! bombshell red nails.  I am wearing two coats with no base or top coat, because I'm impatient.  I have a little more than average tip wear (when compared to other polishes with no top coat), so make sure you take this extra step with this one.  

And now, for the pics...please excuse my sad little broken ring finger nail.  It's always the first to break.  







Be sure to enter my Julep giveaway and learn how to win a Big Red Bow gift set ($400+ value!!!) here!!!

[Like what you see?  Learn more here.  If you want to use my referral link or enter code 2669282 and contribute to my nail polish addiction, I would be forever grateful.  I don't know if COLOR2012 or MAVENINTRO will still get you your box for a penny, but MAVEN50 should get you half off.  I recently saw $9.99 for the intro box and 2 colors by using the code FREEGIFT, so try that one before the MAVEN50.]   



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm not really a waitress is the ONLY real nail polish I've ever purchased (real = not Wet & Wild). I love that color.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

The last time I did my nails ... sigh. I used to take such great care of my nails and always had them painted. Now, I've resorted to cutting/filing them short, so the ones that break don't stand out. Oiy!

I like your color of red ... I'm also one of those gals who likes bold colors, but doesn't want an in-your-face red!