Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December Goals Update / January Goals

I apologize in advance for the fact that there will be multiple posts regarding goals, as I'm discussing progress on 2012 annual and December monthly goals as well as setting new 2013 annual and January monthly goals.  Please bear with me - I accomplished more than half of my goals this month, so it's clearly helping ;)

  • Work out 5 times:  Nope. I was sick for weeks on end (never-ending death cough) in both early and late December, plus with all of the holiday madness I just didn't make the time.  I ran ONCE, so I'm also behind on my RAW goal (29 miles to go!)
  • Read 3 books: I read 4 books in December - 
    • Barefoot, by Elin Hildebrand.   I gave this 3 stars on Goodreads but it's probably only worth 2.5.  It's about 3 (totally unlikeable) women in crisis (marriage, career, and health).  I kept waiting for one of them to meet someone who lost a child or something so we could have every worst nighmare represented.  
    • My Sweet Audrina, by V.C. Andrews (the real deal, not a ghostwriter).  3 stars.  Another girl and I were talking about the awesomeness of Andrews at a recent book club meeting, and she was appalled I never read this one.  It did not live up to the hype (and no incest, boo!), but it was a fun trip down memory lane.    
    • Sharp Objects, by Gillian Flynn.  3 stars. I found this to be just as predictable as Gone Girl, but without the awesome dark one-liners that made up for it.  Still enjoyable though.
    • Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn.  4 stars.  I didn't know how this one was going to end (for once), so it got an extra star.  The main character could have used a bit more development, but it was a fun read for those of us who like Flynn's fucked up storylines.             
  • Go on one date with Justin: I treated Justin to a two day birthday extravaganza that involved the shooting range, Red Lobster, the Melting Pot and lots of napping and playing Rivals for Catan:




  • Bake Justin's birthday cake from scratchYep.  
  • Order and send Christmas cards: Nope.  For the first year since getting married, I cut myself (and our bank account) a break and let it slide.  
  • Find Elf on the Shelf book and read to Adriana; remember to move the stupid elf most days: Yep.  I hate the damn thing, but it's totally worth it to get the girls' reactions (the day we hung it off the rearview mirror was the best).  Even Lucia got into finding "Elfie", beating Adriana to the punch at least twice.  Loved Justin's placement here:



  • Plan and execute 3 Christmas / winter activites with the girls (it's okay to delegate): Yep.  My mom took the kids to breakfast with Santa, we decorated a gingerbread house, and I made Justin drive through the neighborhood I grew up in so they could see an insanely large Christmas light display (video here - there is even a freaking roller coaster!):



"This house needs more pink"
  • Declutter the kitchen: Yep.  
  • Develop and implement family cleaning schedule: Yep
  • Buy and send my great aunt's present: Not yet, I suck at life.  I need to send her pictures of the gingerbread house too (she's the one who sent it).  
  • Visit my grandma: Yep.    
  • Sell at least one baby item: Nope.  
  • Find and reinstall Photoshop Elements 10: Nope.  But Justin got me the elements for dummies book for Christmas, so I'm one step closer to mastering it (ha). 
  • Blog about Couch to 5K, the Race Around the Park, and my reviews of C25K apps: Nope, yep, nope.  The C25K is still in draft form, I just have to finish it some time before next spring when I start it again, haha.     
  • Send out delinquent package: Nope.  UGH.  


January Goals:
  • Run 15 miles
  • Pilates once a week
  • Read 3 books
  • Go on one date with Justin
  • Take girls to the Children's museum
  • Visit the Akron Art museum
  • Send giveaway packages, my aunt's present, thank you cards for Christmas
  • Participate in #fmsphotoaday
  • Drink wine with Nicole
  • Host [Justin's side] family game night 1/26
  • Declutter the living room

1 comment:

april said...

I read My Sweet Audrina ages ago, and I don't remember it being very good. Did you read Ruby? It was my favorite, although that was the series that she died in the middle of so it gets worse. First book: best!