Thursday, January 31, 2013

Getting to Know You

Totally stealing this from Ginger (I love the questions she chose!)

Do you have any strange phobias? This isn't exactly a phobia, but it's the closest thing I have.  I hate hate hate when people touch their belly buttons.  If you touch mine, you might lose a finger.  I can FEEL your finger in my belly button for MONTHS afterwards.  SO FREAKING GROSS.  And it is NOT FUNNY to repeatedly try to touch it because you know I hate it.  You are being a dick.  

Do you sleep with or without clothes on? Most of the time I'm nekkid.  

If you are outside, what are you most likely doing? 
Running, playing with the kidlets, or running with the kidlets.  They are REALLY FREAKING HEAVY now.  


Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band? 
Probably the Decemberists, but it has been way too long since I actively listened to music for me to properly answer this question.  


Do you believe in karma? 
I don't believe that there is any divine force driving it, but I certainly believe that what goes around does more often that not come around.  And it pisses me off when it doesn't work like that.  


Who is your celebrity crush? 
Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights or Sawyer from LOST (too lazy to look up real names, plus I like them in their characters).  Apparently I like my men unshowered.  


What’s a sound you hate; sound you love? 
Hate: Forks scraping against plates, Justin clicking his nails or rubbing his feet together.  UGH.  My skin is crawling just thinking about it.   

Love: Rain, with and without a thunderstorm. 

Choose: East Coast or West Coast? 
West.  If I had a different life I'd live in the Pacific Northwest.


What was the last book you read? A smutty Sylvia Day novella about fallen angels/vampires.

Do you like the smell of gasoline? Yes.
Do you have any nicknames? Dini (pronounced Deenie, just like the diniwilks).  I'm hardly ever called this anymore, since it was more of a early to mid twenties thing used by my guy friends.

What was the last movie you saw? 
Some godawful movie about the trials and tribulations of being a pre-teen.  I thought maybe Adriana would watch it since the girl was young and wore bright colors.


What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had? 
Probably breaking my arm in third grade, but lady bit trauma from childbirth is fresher on my mind.


What’s the last thing you purchased? 
I bought a bunch of Think Thin bars from Amazon (and did subscribe and save) after the ones from my PopSugar box were so tasty.  Plus it's technically one of my New Years goals to pack breakfast, and this is about the only way I will ever actually achieve this.


Can you touch your nose with your tongue? 
I just tried and Justin said "you're not touching your nose", so I guess that's a no.  He can touch the tip of his nose with his tongue, it's pretty impressive.


Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you? 
Yes, I see a hot pink bra and some pink underwear in my pile of floor clothes.


What’s your favorite animal? 
Pet-wise, cats.  Decoration-wise, owls.  General cuteness-wise, baby porcupines. 

What were you doing last night at 12 AM? Probably sleeping, but I have actually been staying up pretty late these days so I might have been reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  
What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? Blind Melon No Rain

What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? 
To keep my family together.


What’s the last song you listened to? 
Justin made me listen to that ridiculous Thriftshop song, and then made me sit through the video.  And is now playing it again since I asked him the name of the song.  Kill me now.


What is your current desktop picture? 
Home - my all time favorite pic of Adriana and Lucia (it's like a year old).  Work - a pic of Adriana and Lucia's be-Conversed feet.  
You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power? Definitely mind reading.  
You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again? Can I splitsies and get the first 15 minutes post-birth of each child?

You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go? 
I could really use a beach and a swim-up bar in my life right now, so I'm going to say St. Lucia.  I would also like to echo Ginger's assumptions and my hubs is coming while the kids are with a trusted babysitter.  
Link in the comments if you play along!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Mind reading like Sookie Stackhouse? Because, man, that sounds exhausting. I don't know if I could do it.

Erica said...

I love that whole blind melon album.

Brittany said...

Hey! I played along:
http://keepingupwiththekellahans.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!

Kara Keenan said...

My kids love that Thrift Shop song (am I a bad mother that they sing the unedited version?), as do the guys at work.

And, yeah, I totally played along with this prompt.
http://newenglandgirlinthedesert.blogspot.com

Ginger said...

Mmmmm, Sawyer.

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Oh I love me some Tim Riggins. This is a great questionnaire. If I can get my rear in gear to write a post, maybe I will borrow it.