- I'm back! Again! Other than rebuttal testimony (1-2 nights tops) and daytrips here and there, all of my big work travel for the year is DONE. And thank god for that. I missed my family and the little girl guilt trips were killing me. Even Lucia was saying "No Combus. HOME." when I would talk to her at night. Argh. I (obviously) felt horrible about leaving them and that didn't make it any easier. At least Adriana is old enough to understand that I was going away for work and that I was coming back. I felt so bad for Lucy, she must have been so confused about where her mama was :(
- The allure beauty box purchase went well - I was number 262 out of about 2500, and that was with lightning fast typing. I LOVE that so many of you joined in and got one too! I can't wait to see which products are hits and misses with everyone. And I just got my shipping notification! YAY! If you didn't get one since it sold out in an INSANE 15 minutes, the details on the fall box will be in the August Allure issue. I think it went on sale around August 23 of last year. There's always a next box!!!
- In addition to the allure beauty box, I have also bought a few other beauty things recently. I did SO GOOD during project 10 pan (which I will update at some point in the nearish future) and my February no buy. Between that and the fact that my parents want to bump up the number of days the kids go to daycare (from 2 to 3), I need to do another super strict no buy to tame the beast. I know Kelly is doing one too, so it might be a good time to do another one, as I'll have moral support. Anyone else interested in a May no buy?
- My house is totally disgusting to the point that I am planning week long cleaning vacation. I CAN NOT wait until my kids are old enough to have chores beyond picking up their shit they just threw all over the floor. Do you like how I say that as though I have any success in actually getting the older one to clean up after herself? What's that thing you are supposed to say when your kid doesn't listen and can be quite the tiny d-bag about it? Spirited? Yeah. I have a SPIRITED KID (or two). I also have a SPIRITED HUSBAND and a SPIRITED CAT. They have SPIRITED all over my damn house and it will never be clean again.
- I am curious about where I fall on the scale of boob paranoia. I just had a boob ultrasound today for a bean sized lump and a couple of Nerds candy sized bumps. I started noticing after the second round of breastfeeding that I had some boob weirdness going on, and was constantly making Justin feel them to see if I was just being paranoid or what. He could feel them too, but both my family doctor and OB/GYN brushed me off until a full year passed after breastfeeding. I finally got my OB/GYN to actually check them this time around, and she was either concerned enough to send me or just wanted to cover her ass since I expressed frustration about being blown off the last time. Anyway, it is all 100% normal dense boob stuff, much to my amazement. They politely implied that I should not come back until I'm 40, seeing as how I also had a lump checked pre-kids, 2008 or so. I am happy that it all checked out, but I also find it kind of freaky that I have these THINGS that feel EXACTLY LIKE CANCER IS SUPPOSED TO FEEL just hanging out in my boobs. It's like the boobs who called wolf...how am I supposed to know if I ever have non-normal lumps? But I will try to act like a normal non-paranoid person for the next 6 years, especially since I don't have a family history of breast cancer (I'm totally fucked as far as Alzheimer's goes though). Anyway. Do you have boob paranoia or am I just a boob hypochondriac?
- If you do have boob paranoia...does your significant other think that asking to feel a lump is an invitation for nookie? If you are reading this and you are a fan of boobs, let me tell you something. It's not. Ever. Seriously. Don't even think about it.
[Update...I just got the email that I am in the running for an extra (free!) Birchbox full of Nuance by Salma Hayek goodies! Did anyone else get this? I saw it in the MUT thread a while back but thought I missed out. I'd love to try the line, I hope I get it!]