So far I have resisted:
- The Target beauty box
- The Julep Maven secret store and various other sales
- TheBalm 50% off sale on Hautelook
- Getting pizza for lunch yesterday
So far I have not resisted:
- Getting pizza for dinner last night (1 out of 3 dinners down)
- Getting McDonald's breakfast (for the girls), a hamburger (for me), and ice cream (for me and Adriana) when running errands on Saturday. I really only specified rules for weekday lunches and all dinners, so it wasn't expressly covered, but still. I should have planned my day a bit better and eaten at home, at least re: the hamburger and ice cream.
- Having Justin pick up 2 cases of propel - Adriana and Justin had the barfs this weekend and she hates pedialyte, so whatever. I'm fine with this purchase. Hydration is a plus.
- Coffee this morning after a coworker brought in amazing banana muffins with maple buttercream frosting (1 out of 3 coffees down)
What is going well:
- I have been actually eating up a lot of the stuff we had cluttering up our kitchen shelves, so the not buying junk food thing has been generally less challenging than expected. I think it's going to get a lot harder once I run out of that stuff though - I am dangerously low on chocolate and should probably start rationing lest someone get stabbed once the PMS hits.
- I have only had a serious coffee habit for about 2 months thanks to the long days in the hearing room. That being said, I did drink at least 2 cups a day when traveling and at least 1 a day since then, so I thought I might have to wean off. I haven't had any issues so far though, so that was a nice unexpected bonus.
What is really sucking:
- The real killer for me so far has been not buying any more diet coke. I knew I only had one can left on April 30, and thought about stocking up before the no buy but that didn't really seem fair. I normally drink at least 3-4 cans a day, so I am sure I am going to save zillions of dollars not drinking it, but...I DON'T WANNA. I love me some aspartame. And there are certain foods that just aren't the same without an ice cold diet coke. I am probably going to our Columbus office tomorrow JUST to get a free can (or two), rather than working from my hotel. And it will be amazing.
- Using stuff up is proving to be difficult. My mom recently broke into my house when I was out of town and organized my shelves, so it has come to my attention that I am the proud owner of at least 12 cans of creamed corn. I have NO IDEA why I have so many (unless maybe I bought an extra or three every single time I made this over the past two years) but it seems like I should specifically try to use up as much as I can since I did want to plan meals around what I already own this month. Anyone have any other creamed corn recipes?