Friday, September 6, 2013

August 2013 Favorites

Better late than never?

Justin moment: My very favorite Justin moment is more about Lucia's actions, so I will put that in her section.  But next up would definitely be watching Justin play with the girls when we went swimming last weekend.  Is there anything hotter than watching your man be a good dad?  Seriously, I don't think I ever love him as much as I do when he's playing with the girls.  He was playing motorboat with Adriana, zooming her around the pool at top speed, and helping Lucy with her little watering can, and it was the cutest.  Also, my brother and I laughed every time Adriana asked Justin to motorboat, because we are immature.  

Adriana moment:  Adriana always makes me laugh with her little observations.  She said there are 3 mirrors in my car on the way to daycare the other day, and I corrected her, pointing out that one is in the car, but the side view mirrors are on the outside.  Adriana corrected me, saying "No, Mama, there is one mirror in the car for looking at cars, and two for putting on makeup."  ZING!!!  
We also had a really memorable jog together, which I will be writing about in my soon to come running update.  

Lucia moment: The very best moment was when I was sitting on the couch and Justin was sitting on the floor next to me.  Lucy wedged herself in between us and put her little arm around Justin's neck.  Then she looked at me and kept saying "Best Buy".  I was very confused, seeing as how I don't think she has been to Best Buy since Christmas, then I realized she was saying "Best buddy."  It made me SO HAPPY that she did this to Justin first, since Adriana is sometimes a little mean about her mama preference.  But it also makes me SO HAPPY that she calls me her best buddy sometimes now too.  
We had another sweet moment last night - she was crying so I went in to check on her.  She had herself so worked up that she ended up barfing on me (gross), but after we got cleaned up I rocked her for about an hour.  It was so bittersweet, because this very well may be the last time I ever rock one of my babies to sleep.  Stupid fast moving time.  

Picture: I have two, but they both capture the same new phenomenon in the Diniwilk household - sister love.  The girls have been randomly holding hands or cuddling or being sweet to each other more and more these days, and it is such a relief!  I was starting to worry they were going to kill each other.  Adriana also loves to play that she's the mom, and Lucy will follow her around calling her Mama all day long.  So cute.



Family Activity: The newly renovated Akron Zoo is probably going to get its own post, so I will talk about our first family bowling adventure.  The girls absolutely loved it, but we only did one game because the prices were ASTRONOMICAL.  They initially tried to charge me something like $80 before I clarified that I was not interested in 2 hours unlimited each.  Justin and I both love to bowl (to the point that we have our own balls, bags, and shoes, and were even on a league together pre-kids), so I think this is going to be a regular activity when the kids are a bit older.  



Food: Snacky food wise, I have been mixing super sweet and super savory goodies, like Grandma's Chocolate Brownie Cookies and Chili Cheese Fritos.  Best snack combo ever.  Real (sorta) food wise, my coworkers and I have been hitting up Dirty Frank's in Columbus when we are down there (1-2 times a week lately).  It's basically a ton of deliciously disgusting toppings on hot dogs and tater tots.  And yet I continue to blame Mirena for my 10 pound weight gain.  [EVERYTHING tastes better than skinny feels.]


@littleleafash said it looks like A's kissing the Diet Coke.  HA!

MMMMMMMM Tatchos.

Drink:  I used to hate chai with a passion because I'm anti-cinnamon, but a local indian restaurant I frequent for lunch (Saffron Patch) serves it and I got kind of addicted.  This Tazo Chai Latte stuff from Target is good when I just want something hot at night.



TV Show: Hulu finally stopped cheaping out and picked up the latest season of MTV's The Challenge.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show (still) and am super excited.  CT is still hot, in case you were wondering.  I will die of happiness if they put seasons 22 and 23 on there too.      

Movie: Justin and I went to see Elysium on our date this month, it was right up my alley.  It has sort of anti-utopian futuristic sci fi vibe.  Not the best movie I've ever seen or anything, but it was solid.  And we got to bust out our Team America Matt Damon voice, which is always a good time.  

Game: I have kind of put The Tribez on hold and am really only playing Paradise Cove right now.  What else is new?

Clothing: Nothing exciting enough to photograph.  I got a pair of boyfriend jeans from The Loft I like.   

Accessory:  I have been LOVING this little flowered Mossimo duffel bag from Target.  Like, to the point that I don't carry a purse anymore.  And I put this Ugli doll keychain on my keys and have not lost them since.  Score!


  

Beauty Stuff:  These favorites are getting crazy long, so I thought I'd combine all the beauty categories.



This month, I was loving my Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette by TheBalm (there is a really good tutorial for this palette by leighannsays if you have it and aren't sure how to use it.  

I skipped over a bunch of stuff in my skincare queue to try out the dermalogica pre-cleanse and special cleansing gel.   I LOVE them.  The pre-cleanse smells amazing and leaves my face super soft, and the cleansing gel is just a great cleanser.  A little goes a long way with that one, I always feel like I pour too much.  I'd definitely buy these again (some day).  

This limited edition Champagne Trio by Julep is a great little collection.  The colors are opaque in one coat and don't chip easily.  

Wearing my hair wet on the way down to Columbus saves me tons of time on my travel days.  Not Your Mother's Beach Babe is a great product for scrunch and go curls.  Probably not as good as my beloved Miss Jessie's, but definitely better than BedHead On the Rebound.  

The Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask is freaking amazing.  My hair feels SO SOFT and is all shiny and nice for 3-5 days after I use it.  

I have been enjoying the Julep Brown Sugar Lip Scrub because my lips are always chapped and gross.  It tastes yummy and leaves my lips super soft.  

Finally, my Real Techniques buffing brush has been making my foundation look flawless.  It's technically for mineral foundation but I have no problems using it for liquid.  Love it.  

Okay, that's "all" for this month.  What are your favorites??

5 comments:

Brenna said...

Here I thought I was the only cinnamon-hater. It feels nice to not be alone.

Pirate Flag & Island Girl said...

Love boyfriend jeans from The Loft. I picked up a pair (in white) in May and they are so lovely...cut so that they're flattering and they're SO SOFT for jeans.

Also, your girls are so cute! I love the hand holding picture.

d e v a n said...

Favorite quote: EVERYTHING tastes better than skinny feels.

hehe

Erin said...

Love this, I may have to copy at some point!

Been reading awhile but haven't commented in a long time ... thanks for the comment on my blog! Your girls are beautiful. Where are those birth stories you promised were coming soon? ;)

Nilsa S. said...

We are taking Gavin to a bowling birthday party this weekend - Sweets and I are ridiculously excited to see him bowl for the first time!