- Adriana was rambling on to Justin and I from the back seat about families and how much she loves everyone in our family. Then her eyes got a little rounder and she said that some people don't have a mama or a dada or a grandma or a grandpa, and THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE. I just wanted to give her a hug.
- The other day, Justin took Adriana with him to the grocery store, and I had almost an hour of some mama/Lucy time. She was in JUST the right mood to cuddle, and actually spent the entire hour laying down with me on the couch. She was facing me, and sometimes she would talk to me, sometimes she wanted to pretend that there were monsters and wanted me to hug her tight and promise to keep her safe, and other times she would just make silly little faces at me, widening her eyes and moving her lips. It was awesome.
- Speaking of monsters...Adriana, Lucia and I were all hanging out on the couch (again) on a Monday night, which is the night Justin works second shift. We thought we heard a noise. Lucy was the closest to the door, so she spread her little arms out like she was holding us back, protecting us. Then she exclaimed "Monstas!!! I keep you safe. I blow dem away!" and proceeded to huff and puff like she was blowing out a candle. I nearly died laughing.
- Adriana made a comment that the underwear she was wearing came from grandma's house. I corrected her, telling her that mama bought them. Then she thought about it a little harder and was like "No, wait! Santa bought them!!" I then had to quickly backpedal and say that I must have been confused, because OF COURSE little miss memories was correct, they were in her stocking last year. Smarty pants.
- My dad called me this morning to let me know that when he was driving in a certain part of town, Lucy got really excited and started exclaiming "BOUNCY HOUSE IS HERE!!! BOUNCY HOUSE IS HERE!!!" Sure enough, if they followed that road for another minute, they would have been at the bouncy house. She has only been there like 3 times in the past year. Granted, the last time was just 2 weeks ago, but that is pretty damn impressive for a 2 year old. Every time I make jokes about her being a bit of a ding dong, she has to prove me wrong.
- But then again...when Adriana was 2, I'd ask her how old she was and she would proudly exclaim "I'm TWO!!!" while holding up two fingers. I ask Lucy how old she is, and she says "I'm fiiiiiiiine..." Then I say "no, no, how OLD are you?" And she yells out "PURPLE!!!" every damn time. So maybe I'll hold off on the Mensa application a bit longer.
- Lucy regularly calls Adriana "Ana bo bana" but gets all mad if Adriana calls her anything but her name. "NO, ANA, I LUCIA!!!".
- I still clearly remember the day I told Lucy she could call Adriana "Ana" if it was too hard for her to say. She has been calling her Ana ever since, but just within the past 2 weeks she has started saying her full name. My baby is growing up.
- Adriana has been making up songs on a constant basis, which would be really cute if she hadn't inherited my complete lack of singing ability. Lucia gets all mad when she does it in the car, yelling "NO, ADRIANA!!! DRIVIN!" Her little face whenever she scolds Adriana is just priceless.
That's all I got. What are the little people in your life up to?