Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2, Skiperoo

Through the magic of the internets, I am going back in time to yesterday afternoon to tell you why I'm (already) missing Day 2 of NaBloPoMo.  Hubs went into the ER late last night, and we didn't get home until about 5 am.  Whatever fun cocktail of pain meds and whatnot they had him on really kicked his ass, so he was out of commission and I had to solo parent all day before falling into bed about 8 seconds after putting the girls down.  It was kidney stones, so not serious, but not fun either.  

I do feel a bit bad because I didn't take it seriously at first...hubs has a REALLY LOW pain threshold (and mine is abnormally high) so I thought maybe he just needed to take a good poop.  Once I realized he was actually vomiting from pain I got my ass in gear and took him to the ER.  Even though I know kidney stones are no fun (having passed one myself in my 20's), I still had to force myself to not roll my eyes a bit at the dramatic bellowing and thrashing around.  I think Man Tummy is a thing even when it's a legit medical condition.  

Anyway, Justin is feeling much better now.  Thanks for keeping me company on twitter while I was waiting to hear what was going on, and for sending good thoughts our way!

No comments: