Monday, November 18, 2013

Enabler Alerts: Tarte TSV and Allure Beauty Box (Winter/Holiday 2013)

Quick enabler alert update...



Today there is a pretty cool set available as the QVC Today's Special Value (TSV): the Bow & Go 3-in-1 Holiday Gift Set.  For $49.98, you get 4 lip surgences in the newest formula, two lights camera lashes mascaras, two smoldereyes eyeliners, and a 16 shadow palette.  While I have not been super impressed by tarte's eyeshadows in the past, this looks like a pretty good palette.  It is a good mix of shimmers and mattes, and has a nice range of neutrals and earthy colors.  I'd get it just for the lip and eye sets though; it is an amazing deal and would also make an amazing gift (or three).




Tomorrow is the ever popular Allure Beauty Box for Winter 2013.  For just $39.99 (about $53 with S&H + tax), you get a butt ton of awesome drugstore items that you would probably buy ANYWAY.  I am a little less excited for this one than I have been for boxes past, but there are enough things that I'd use so I'm going for it.  Go here a few minutes before noon and constantly refresh until you get in!

This box contains:
Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Julep Vixen Polish Duo
L'Oreal Paris Extraodinaire by Color Riche
Neutrogena Crease Proof Eyeshadow
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Primer
Neutrogena Pore Refining Daily Cleanser
Not Your Mother's Knotty to Nice Conditioning Detangler
NYX Love in Paris Eyeshadow
One 'N Only Brazilian Tech Keratin De-Frizz Wand
Red Carpet Manicure Youth Creme
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
Rusk Deepshine Color Care Invisible Dry Shampoo
Rusk Deepshine Color Care Lock In Treatment
Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Liquid Makeup
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Dry & Go Drops
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Topcoat
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Color
Sation On Cloud Wine
Smile Sciences Teeth Whitening Pen
Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish in Tomoko

Soooo...I am most excited about the Neutrogena products and Sally Hansen nail stuff because I know I like it already and will use it, the Not Your Mother's detangler because we forever need detangler here, the de-frizz wand because I'm intrigued, the L'Oreal gloss because I have been wanting to try it (it's a dupe for YSL), the manicure youth cream because my nails need all the help they can get in the winter, and the teeth whitening pen because I was just about to buy something like that.  I'm glad that the hair products in this one are all stuff I am currently out of and would actually use, instead of ANOTHER can of hairspray that will sit on my shelf.  The colors for all of the items look great.  

I'm NOT excited about the leg makeup because I already have one bottle I'm not using, and the lack of redken products because I have come to depend on these boxes to get me some.  And why the First Aid Beauty AND Cetaphil creams?  Isn't one enough?  I wish there was another razor and shave gel or some shampoo and conditioner because I can always use more.  Oh and I'm kind of meh on NYX palettes and ELF products in general.  I like the NYX single eyeshadows, but every NYX palette I've tried goes on chalky.  And I'm still pissed that I fell for that ELF scam years ago about it being this awesome high end brand that was having an overstock problem so was selling for hella cheap.  Plus I already have the laguna/orgasm duo that it's a dupe for.  

Anyone planning on getting either of these?  Let's chat!



3 comments:

susan said...

I knew I shouldn't have clicked this until tomorrow! ;)
I am going to try to get the allure box, but last time I failed miserably.

april said...

I think I'll do the Allure, if I can remember at noon tomorrow.

Alicia Curley said...

I have so much hair spray from these boxes... I need to give them away. Sadly, I am a sucker and I love these! All these full size products for only $39.99....