Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Project 25 Pan Empties: Round 1

Read more about Project 25 Pan here!

I have actually been done with my first round of Project 25 Pan empties for a while now, but  haven't made the time to post about it.  NaBloPoMo to the rescue!  Prepare to be awed and inspired by my beauty trash.  [These are some of my favorite YouTube videos to watch, but I'm not sure if it will be as interesting in blog form.  Sorry if it's boring!]

Also don't mind the fact that some of the pics are sideways.  Blogger is stupid (or I am, you be the judge).  


1. and 2. Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner, Damage & Color Repair formula: I don't think this is the set from my Allure Beauty box; I had stocked up on it before that box came out.  I really liked the formula at first, but I am pretty bored with it now and am not looking forward to slugging through another set.  The smell of the conditioner is like a really light version of the original Herbal Essences scent, which is nice, and it does a nice job on my hair, it just isn't anything special.  I don't plan to repurchase any time soon, but maybe down the road I'll give it a go again.  



3. and 4. Garnier Olio After Color Conditioner and 5. L'Oreal Preference Conditioner: I always go through at least 1 1/2 bottles of conditioner to 1 bottle of shampoo, so these little tubes I get for free from the L'Oreal Product Evaluation Center (I'm in a hair study) come in handy.  And if I get really tired of seeing them in my shower, they work as a shave gel too (that is how I get rid of any product I hate or am tired of).  I have a preference for the Preference, but both are decent conditioners.  I wouldn't pay for them though. 




6. First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream: Speaking of shave cream, I got this bad boy from a Birchbox a long time ago and it has been my travel buddy ever since.  It's nice to know it won't explode on an air plane, but other than that it isn't remarkable.  I also remember the full size costing a ridiculous amount of money, so I wouldn't repurchase.  



7. Sumadan Wash (prescription): This is my second bottle of this stuff; I keep it in the shower and use other stuff to wash my face at night.  It lasts FOREVER but I'm still on the fence about whether or not it really does anything for my rosacea.  I guess I'll find out, since I am trying to get through some other face wash before I go back to whatever the name of the generic is.  



8.  the microdelivery exfoliating wash by philosophy: I think I mentioned this before - this stuff is CRAZY.  It has literally been in my shower for YEARS, and I use it almost every day.  I got in in a Sephora Christmas set a long time ago (like, embarrassingly long).  Like the purity cleanser, this stuff leaves a weird taste in my mouth, even though I don't ingest it.  It is really gentle though, so it works well for my skin.  It gets the dry patches off without inflaming my rosacea.  I'd probably repurchase if I needed an exfoliator, but I think I'm going to just stick to exfoliating via Clarisonic for a while to see how that goes.  



9. Bath & Body Works Energy Body Wash & Foam Bath in Orange Ginger: I love this stuff.  My very favorite item from the orange ginger line was discontinued (the bath salts), but the body wash is nice too.  I would not repurchase, only because I don't ever really spend much on body wash.  Anything "fancy" (as in, "not dove or suave") I got as a gift; this one was from a couple of Christmases ago, when my mom and SIL both got me orange ginger goodies.  




10.  Aveeno Stress Relief Body Wash: I bought a bunch of stuff from this line when Lucia was wee, before I realized that she has eczema just like her sister.  I like it (looooove the scent), but I feel like I use it up too quickly for the price.  Would repurchase if it was on sale.


  
11.  Ahava Mineral Bath Salt in Calming Lavender: This was another mom Christmas gift, but from the most recent Christmas.  I SHOULD have liked it...I love other Ahava products I've tried; I adore bath salts; we have already established I love lavender.  And yet I hated it. I have bought drugstore epsom salts with a nicer scent that did more for my skin.  Would not repurchase.



12.  Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub in Coconut Lime: I got this in a Crave box 2 summers ago, but took my sweet time using it up.  Even my body skin is sensitive, to the point that salt scrubs are like torture.  The sugar scrub was nice and gentle.  I love this brand because it's super affordable, it has great scents (this is probably the least interesting one), and it's really scrubby.  Would definitely repurchase, but only if I can find it somewhere that is not Wal-Mart. 



13.  John Frieda Clear Shine Luminous Glaze:  I got this in my first Allure Fall Beauty Box.  I really liked it, but I have other stuff that works better.  Plus it reminds me of man goo.  That said, it's a great deal so I'd repurchase if I was trying to save money.



14. Bath & Body Works Body Splash in Sweet Pea: Justin got me this for Christmas the year after we got engaged and right before we got pregnant, I think.  It's a nice enough scent but it took me FOREVER to get through it because I am just OVER BB&W body sprays and am ready to not have them in my life anymore.  I did a jig when I finished the bottle.  I am so ready for big girl scents after I finish everything in my beauty closet.  



15. L'Oreal Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen in SPF 30: I got this for free from the L'Oreal company store.  I normally only use the Aveeno Baby in SPF 55 for my family, but this was nice for those last few trips to the pool at the very end of the summer.  I loved not having to touch Justin's back hair (SORRY HONEY) or deal with squirmy kids, so this was really nice.  It didn't seem to bother the girls' eczema, either.  It went really, really fast for a family of 4, maybe like 3 trips, tops?  So I might buy it to have as a backup plan if the kids won't sit still but probably wouldn't purchase as my go to sunscreen (plus it's only SPF 30).  



16. and 17. Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer in SPF 15: This is one of those things I used to buy every time it went on sale, so I can never seem to get rid of it.  I really liked this moisturizer at first, because it's nice and light and wears well under my makeup.  However, if it comes within even an inch of my eyes, I want to tear my face off.  It's posssssssible that maybe the SPF was going bad though.  There had to have been a reason why I loved it so much at first that I bought 7 zillion bottles, right?  Would repurchase with a LOT of hesitation (and probably hate it).  



18. Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover: This is my holy grail eye makeup remover.  It's a dual phase deal that gets every last bit of my eye makeup off.  I can basically pour it into my eye while wearing contacts and it won't bother them a bit.  Would repurchase a million bottles.  



19. Murad Skin Perfecting Primer: The label wore off the front so I can't remember if this is the dewy finish or not...I don't think it is.  I got this in a BeautyFix box (RIP, my beloved BeautyFix).  The packaging sucked; the pump fell apart not long after I got it and I was always fighting with it.  I don't really care for this stuff, it never seemed like my makeup was any different with or without it.  Would not repurchase.  



20.  Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 21: I have gone through multiple bottles of this stuff, and I can honestly say I love it.  It used to be something I was using up just to use it up, then I finished my first bottle and used other stuff for a while.  I really miss it when it's not around!  I feel like my rosacea doesn't peep through as easily as it does with many other products, so this is good to use when I know I'm going to be in the office for long hours.  It has SPF 42 so this is great during the summer when I don't want to wear a ton of makeup that will melt off and want extra sun protection.  Would definitely repurchase.  



21. Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 150 Buff: I bought this during one of those buy 1 get 1 ULTA sales when I first began my quest for a holy grail foundation over a year ago.  I didn't clean off the bottle on purpose; I wanted to show you why I hate the packaging so much.  While the oily skin version has a nice pump, the normal/dry formula does not.  It's super unsanitary and messy.  The foundation does a pretty decent job and has good staying power for a drug store product, but I'd skip it just to not deal with the mess.  



22. Clinque Superpowder Double Face Powder in Matte Ivory: This is another one of those products I can't seem to get rid of.  I haven't bought any since my wedding, and yet these things just seem to keep crawling out of the woodwork.  The Clinique foundation and powder that used to be my holy grail combo never really matched my face right and transferred on EVERYTHING (my phone was always disgusting), which is why I wouldn't repurchase it.  It doesn't hold a candle to my beloved MAC Studio Fix.  



23.  Tarte Amazonian Clay Gifted Mascara: I have said before that this is one of my top three mascaras.  It both lengthens and volumizes.  I feel like it's a bit hard to get off so it's not my #1, but I'd definitely repurchase.  I'm going to miss getting these in QVC sets. 



24. Yes to Cucumber Facial Towelettes: I like these, but I like the L'Oreal Ideal wipes better.  This can be a touch harsh on my rosacea.  Would probably repurchase in a pinch, especially if target puts a pretty orange sticker on it.  



25. Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream: I got this in my first Allure Fall Beauty Box.  I tried to make it work, but it was dry from the second I cracked the seal.  Would not repurchase.  

WHEW, that was exhausting.  Now tell me about a product you hated so much you cheered when it was done!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

LOVED this post. Thanks a lot for mentioning that about the John Frieda Glaze. I'm trying to use mine up currently.

I looked at my BeautyFix Murad skin primer and it's matte, not dewy. My skin haaaaaaates primers (instant breakout) so I couldn't really use it.

I couldn't really use my Burt's Bees night cream for the same reason - I always broke out, kind of like it was too heavy and suffocated my skin. The cream was never dry, though.

Erica said...

I really feel like I need to go apply some products to myself right now.

Blogger said...

Gain your access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP-BY-STEP instructions, sketches and blueprints to make each project very easy!