Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sweater Weather Tag

It's the weekend, I'm in the mood for something fun.  How about Ingrid's Sweater Weather Tag?  (Also?  How sweet was her story about her dad?  I may or may not have teared up right along with her.)

1.  Favorite candle scent?  It has actually been a really long time since I purchased a candle, mostly because I live in fear that a kid will knock it over, and because Justin is actually a big Yankee Candle fan so it seems pointless to buy more when he always has some ready to burn.  We are currently burning Black Cherry, which I love.  However, if I could have any candle in the world right now, I would most certainly buy the appropriately named Bath and Body Works Sweater Weather cable knit candle in leaves.  I mean seriously, how cute is that?  And I think Leaves sounds like an amazing fall scent.   OOH I just went and checked the Yankee Candle site and now I want Apple Cider too.  This tag is already making me want to spend too much money.  

2.  Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?  All of the above.  I have no favorites among my children.  

3.  What's the best fall memory you have?  Adriana was born October 14, so that obviously takes the cake.  Look at that smooshy little face!  So many of my favorite memories of the girls are in the fall too - I love seeing it through their eyes.  Pre-kids, my favorite fall memories are either going back to school (dork!) or trick or treating and the resulting candy negotiations (and my dad stealing our candy, ha).  




4.  Which makeup trend do you prefer, dark lips or winged eyeliner?  Historically, winged liner, but as my eyes are getting older the wings are sagging / harder to draw on crisply without lots of tugging and swearing.  I don't really own any dark lipsticks but I'm planning to continue to experiment with non-nudey pink colors.  I'd love a nice deep wine or berry color for fall, something like Urban Decay Shame.  

5.  Best fragrance for fall?  Okay, so I haven't actually tried this yet, but I am dying to get my hands on a Viva La Juicy Noir sample.  I am a sucker for honeysuckle, and I think that the ripe berry notes would be perfect for fall.  Here is the official description:
A rich interpretation of the signature Viva la Juicy scent, Viva la Juicy Noir highlights the succulent ripe berry notes and gourmand accents, while adding a juicy touch of honeysuckle and a sultry hint of sandalwood. 

6.  Favorite Thanksgiving food? DEFINITELY stuffing.  Except I do have a slight preference for it cooked outside the turkey, which I know technically makes it dressing, but dressing is what you put on salads at la casa Diniwilk.  Mmmmm, stuffing.  

7.  What is autumn weather like where you live? I live in Ohio, so there are a lot of days where it's 32 in the morning and almost 60 in the afternoon.  The gorgeous, perfect, bright, crisp fall days never last anywhere near long enough, it's like 2 weeks of gloriousness before the weather turns gray and blah.  The leaves are very pretty here though.  

8.  Most worn sweater? Currently, just a boring Anne Taylor LOFT boyfriend sweater in gray.  It's long enough that I can wear it with leggings on the weekends without showing off my butt, and I frequently keep it in my cube at work to avoid freezing.  

9.  Must-have nail polish this fall? My signature polish (year round) is any shade that is that is such a dark red it's almost black.  I have tons in my collection, but my favorite might be Rescue Beauty Lounge Cerise Noir.  A more accessible / currently out in drug stores version would be L'Oreal's Haute Couture Red or Essie's Shearling Darling.  Those aren't quite as black-y red as I like, but I have admired both recently.  

10.  Football games or jumping in leaf piles? Leaf piles, totally.  [Insert cute picture we took of the girls playing in leaves this afternoon here after hubs finally decides he loves me enough to send it to me.][It might be a while, he haaaaates when I borrow his phone to take pictures because mine is missing or not charged.]

11.  Skinny jeans or leggings? Again, both.  I like the Ann Taylor LOFT skinny jeans and Anne Klein leggings.  If I had to pick one I'd go with skinny jeans, only because I can never seem to find good tops to wear with leggings.  

12.  Combat boots or Uggs? Both are something that were in rotation at different points in my fashion life (wore combat boots in high school and bought a pair of the sweater Uggs after they were wildly popular but it was still years ago), neither is something I'd wear today.    I would wear combat boots before busting out Uggs again though.  

13.  Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? I hate cinnamon and many places put too much of it in pumpkin spiced things.  Starbucks wise, I have always been a salted caramel mocha person.  

14.  Favorite fall TV show? We don't have cable, but we are now caught up on Walking Dead and have started watching it on AMC's website, so that.  

15.  What song really gets you in the fall spirit?  I have a lot of high school memories of Blind Melon's No Rain being played at those post-football game dances, plus my high school best friend dressed up as the girl from the video for Halloween, so that has always been a fall song for me.  

I'd love if you all play along...link below in the comments if you do!

4 comments:

april said...

All those Starbucks foofy drinks are too sweet for me. I prefer a normal black coffee with maybe a little cream.

Meredith said...

I just saw a swatch of Sonia Kashuk's new polish called Wicked Attraction. It is super dark red. If you have a Target nearby, you might like that one.

saly said...

You have me questioning whether there is something wrong with wearing Uggs now.

Chicachew said...

Great answers I truly enjoyed reading this! I never bought sweater uggs and I always wanted them! Sadly I think the trend is over what do you think? hehe oh my gosh the viva la juicy noir is AMAZING!!! Just got the sample in my birchbox and Im obsessed. Now if I had that before I filmed that would def have been my scent choice! ;)