Monday, December 2, 2013

Diniwilk Stew, Barfsgiving Edition

  • Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you all had a lovely, HEALTHY Thanksgiving.  As you may have guessed from the title, the Diniwilk family did not.  The plan was to hit up Justin's dad's family at noon, then hit up my parents' house a little after 2.  I was going to cook a third Thanksgiving dinner for J and the girls on Saturday, which has been the tradition since 2011.  I want to be able to practice, as I assume SOME DAY the torch will be passed to the next generation.   However, you know what they say about plans...
  • Lucy got sick Thanksgiving morning:
Sleeping next to her "bawf bucket"
  • We missed J's family's Thanksgiving entirely, but I dropped off my dish and folding chairs to my mom, so I was able to steal some turkey and other goodies to bring home.  Yay!
  • The girls seemed fine Friday morning, so we went to see Frozen (Loved it!  Not like I loved Brave, but it was a solid effort).
  • When Justin got home from work on Friday, I decided to hit up some stores to see if I could get a good deal on work pants.  Do you want to see my Black Friday haul?  Yay or nay?  My shopping bliss was cut short by Justin texting me multiple (really disgusting) pics demonstrating that Adriana was now sick.  Because just texting me to come home would be too simple.  
  • Don't worry, I deleted them.  This one is much nicer:
Looks just like sissy, no?
  • Adriana always gets way sicker than Lucia, so I stayed up with her all night so she didn't choke or make a giant mess.  Poor sick kiddo.
  • By lunchtime Saturday, I was sick and Adriana was much better.  Thankfully no one took pictures.  Needless to say, I did not cook a giant turkey dinner. 
  • Adriana surprise barfed last night, so my mom is watching her today since we have NONE VACATION TIME.  Best mom ever.  I probably could have either worked from home (explaining that I didn't want to spread my germs, which is legit) or used a sick day as I still do not feel great, but even if it's legitimate, I feel like everyone will think I'm a giant faker who is trying to cheat an extra vacation day if I take off on any monday, friday, or day before or after a holiday.  I understand that I am a grown ass woman and that I put in WAY more hours for this job than the 40 required of me, but I am still weird about stuff like that.  Plus, I do get 3 weeks of vacation and 4-5 personal absence days a year, so I technically should have time left to account for illnesses.  I'm down to 4 hours and they are spoken for.  I would say that 85% of my time off this year has either gone to tending sick kids or cleaning my house while the kids were at daycare.  We didn't even take a vacation.  Bleh. 
  • And a quick note about NaBloPoMo...I definitely failed, missing multiple days and bunching up posts to make up for it, but I still hope it was more enjoyable than painful for you all to read.  I had 25 posts, which beat both 2012 (22) and 2011 (21) so I'm calling it a win.  Some day I will complete a real NaBloPoMo without cheating, and will actually finish the girls' birth stories (which has been my goal for the last 3, oops).  If you participated, how did you do? And I really do want to hear how your Thanksgiving was!  

2 comments:

Mama Bub said...

I do want to see your Black Friday haul! Sorry everyone was sick :(

k said...

I SO want to see your Black Friday swag!