Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Enabler Alert: Sephora Sun Safety and Summer Crushes Kits

So, I have a million other posts I want/need to do, not to mention that I do actually need more sunscreen right this second, but my mom got me a Sephora gift card for mother's day (weird that she buys ME stuff, right?) and Kelly pointed out that ebates is offering 15% cash back for Sephora (and Ulta!) and here I am, buying more Sephora kits.  I want you to join me so we can gab about it and because it benefits the Skin Cancer Foundation (they get $20 from each bag, I think).  If you are a VIB, you can get both kits today, otherwise you have to wait until tomorrow for the Sun Safety kit. 

First up is the Sun Safety kit ($32), which I reviewed last year. 

This Set Contains:
- 0.06 oz Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta® Daily Glow Moisture
- 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion
- 0.14 oz Too Faced® Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer
- 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus HP Multi-Purpose Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Sunscreen
- 0.33 oz Murad® Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++
- 0.5 oz Tarte™ Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner
- 0.23 oz Stila Stay All Day® 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm Broad-Spectrum SPF 30
- Dr. Dennis Gross™ Alpha Beta® Glow Pad
- 0.15 oz bareMinerals READY Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Translucent
- 1.69 oz St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse
- 0.5 oz Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer
- 1 oz Supergoop! Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- 0.64 oz Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ For Face
- 0.5 oz Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20
- 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15
- 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+ Broad Spectrum UV Protection
- Travel bag
 
 
The items in bold are repeats from last year, so if you are still working your way through last year's kit, I would say this is not for you.  But if you travel a lot and enjoy trying a ton of fancy shmancy sunscreens, go for it!  The Shiseido and Clarins are particularly nice.  I am pleased to see Algenist and Fresh in here, because I LOVE both items when sampling them in the past but wouldn't purchase them on my own due to the price.  I wish they would let us try a different bronzer, I have like 5 of those little Too Faced guys sitting around.  I don't really use bronzer much, I actually end up using it in my crease as an eyeshadow more than anything, but it would still be nice to try a new brand.  I feel the opposite about the St. Tropez though - I don't self tan, but loved the One Night Only so I wish they included that one again instead.  It is perfect for weddings or special occasions, it gives a really nice natural boost and doesn't make me feel orange or get all over clothes and sheets or do any of the other things that scare me away from self tanner.  Buf if you do self tan, St. Tropez is supposed to be one of the best. 
 
 
I also bought the Summer Crushes kit ($45).  
 This Set Contains:
- 0.5 oz Caudalie Divine Oil
- 0.84 oz Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Mousse in Medium
- Mini tanning mitt
- 1.7 oz Bumble and bumble Surf Spray
- 0.13 oz Lavanila The Healthy Fragrance in Vanilla Coconut
- 1 oz Living Proof® Restore Mask Treatment
- 1 oz Shaveworks™ The Cool Fix™
- 0.1 oz Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Shea Butter & Vitamin E
- 0.33 oz Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++
- 0.33 oz Murad® Essential-C Sun Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++
- 1 oz DERMAdoctor® Shrinking Beauty™
- Travel bag


I am definitely more excited about this one than the Sun Safety kit, as there is a lot more variety.  This is perfect for people who like the concept of the Sun Safety but could not possibly use that much sunscreen.  The Caudalie Divine Oil works on face, body, and hair, so it would be great to travel with.  Even though I don't tan, I have heard a lot of good things about Vida Liberata so I'm probably actually going to try it.  Wish me luck.  I have also head a ton of great reviews of the Jack Black lip balm.  Does anyone know if it's Jack Black of Nacho Libre fame?  I keep forgetting to look it up.  If so, that's really bizarre. 

Annnnnnnnnnnnyway, I just wanted to give you the heads up if you haven't already heard, because sunscreen is IMPORTANT!

4 comments:

PinkieBling said...

Sephora has been ON IT lately for me. I ordered both kits on Monday and they were waiting for me after work yesterday. So fun! I'm super excited about the Vita Liberata.

I looked it up, and no, the Jack Black skin care line is not affiliated with the (hilarious, but scruffy and unkempt) actor.

Erica said...

Consider me FULLY ENABLED.

Laura said...

I hit up ye olde Sephora yesterday and picked up the sun essentials kit. You should see how badly I bronzed my legs.. its kind of funny.

Sierra S said...

I've always wondered if it was the same Jack Black, too (too lazy to Google today).

OMG, I love sephora too much! You are totally an enabler!