Monday, June 23, 2014

Arbonne Chocolate Protein Energy Bites

Justin calls these Chocolate Salty Balls and Adriana calls them Poopy Balls With Nuts and Seeds, but I decided it was probably better to keep it classy.  Wait, let me get something out of my system first...BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS.  Okay, keeping it classy starting...NOW. 

 

So, as you guys know, I'm entering week 2 of my Arbonne 28 Day detox.  The fit chews are good (especially the mango ones!), but not quite enough to satisfy my hunger or my sweet tooth.  If I'm going to make it 28 days, I need something that packs a bigger punch.

I decided to whip up a batch of energy bites, something I have made many times before but never without peanut butter.  This receipe is dairy and gluten free, and it's vegan if you use Arbonne's protein. 

 
Ingredients:
1 cup gluten-free oatmeal (Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 cup almond butter (Barney Butter)
1/3 cup agave nectar (Wholesome Sweeteners)
1 cup coconut flakes (Let's Do Organic)
1/2 cup ground flax seed (Arrowhead Mills)
2 scoops chocolate protein powder (Arbonne Essentials)
Splash vanilla
Unsweetened almond milk for consistency
 
 
I didn't grind my flax because I'm lazy, but you should definitely do this for greater nutritional value.  I didn't measure the almond milk, I just poured in enough to make it sticky - probably about 1/4 cup in this case.  You really can't mess this up - feel free to substitute any of the ingredients.  This recipe is a little dry because I wanted to be able to eat them at work without gunking up my keyboard; if you like stickier balls feel free to add more almond butter and/or agave nectar.  


This made about 35 balls; you'll get more or less depending on your preferred ball size.

I popped the dish in the fridge for about 30 minutes, then stored them in a Ziploc bag (still in the fridge).  I use them as a fit chew substitution or as a "dessert" after dinner.  Who am I kidding, that should be an AND, not an or, and I have a hard time eating just one!  But if I have to slip a bit, this is a tasty way to do it!

4 comments:

Kara Keenan said...

I can't do coconut in any form. What would you suggest as a substitute?

Also, Schweddy Balls (couldn't resist).

mona said...

I have to sing this recipe in the voice of South Park Chef.

Jessica said...

Stickier balls. Heh. There's just too much to snicker at in this one! I love it.

susan said...

I have a recipe similar to that, dairy free, gf, everything free. it's delicious. i had to stop making it actually because I couldn't control myself with them!